PDA

View Full Version : Idaho Summer

Patrick Lien
07-20-2012, 08:33 PM
My son chasing trout just outside Stanley Idaho on the 4th of July. It was a good day.

Dave Suponski
07-20-2012, 08:40 PM
Pat what a great picture! My God that is beautiful country.

Patrick Lien
07-20-2012, 09:05 PM
Pat what a great picture! My God that is beautiful country.

Hi Dave,
It was a great trip and I photographed more than I fished. This area of Idaho is rugged and boasts the record of the most consecutive days as the coldest place in the lower 48. The water temp in July is still not friendly and Nick was brave.

Pat

Rich Anderson
07-20-2012, 09:18 PM
In country like that I wouldn't care if I caught a fish or not. What a beautifull place.

Patrick Lien
07-20-2012, 09:35 PM
In country like that I wouldn't care if I caught a fish or not. What a beautifull place.

Rich,
We spent 4 days in Stanley(population 63) and I caught 6 fish and took over 700 pictures and it was all good. It is a place that time passed over and if you ever come to the Northwest it is a wonderfull place to visit.

Pat

Dean Romig
07-20-2012, 09:36 PM
There's nothing like wet-wading! I prefer to wet-wade... given the right circumstances of course. Water temp is certainly a determining factor though. When I can't feel my legs and feet it is time to get out... could be dangerous in a tight situation.

So, where's the pictures of those West Slope Cutthroats and rainbows?

E Robert Fabian
07-20-2012, 10:26 PM
In 1999 eight of us flew into Stanley before our flight into the head waters of the Middle Fork of the Salmon. The middle fork is the first river protected after Congress passed the wild and scenic river act in 68. We had a five day float trip, no trace camping, the fishing was unbelievable mostly cutthroats the flight in was very memorable, the plane was so small I think it had tires off a wheelbarrow, from the plane you weren't able to see out of the canyon, at times it was like flying in a dead end tunnel. Cheap trip, I think it was 1200.00 for the flight in and float with great meals and fantastic scenery.
Bob

Jeff Kuss
07-21-2012, 10:04 AM
I just booked a trip to Sun Valley for next Jan. I hope the snow is deep by late Jan. It is beautiful country.
Jeff

Dave Suponski
07-21-2012, 10:17 AM
Good on you Jeff.....Bring a camera.

charlie cleveland
07-21-2012, 10:32 PM
all i can say is beautiful...no words does a place like this justice... charlie