PDA

View Full Version : For Sale - 16/20 Repro

Greg Westberg
06-29-2012, 01:53 AM
Hi all, hope it's ok to post this here. Anyway, I have a very little used 16/20 set for sale on GI. This one is in about mint condition.

Here's the ad:

http://members.gunsinternational.com/16-20-Ga-2-Barrel-Cased-DHE-Parker-Reproduction.cfm?gun_id=100260994

Let me know if you have any questions at: wesbutte@westriv.com

Thanks so much!!!

Greg

Greg Westberg
07-07-2012, 11:13 PM
Hi all, price reduced on her to $5500.00

Thanks!!

Greg

Steve McCarty
07-17-2012, 01:47 AM
Parker repros have a following and they are nice guns, but they aren't cheap. Is one's money better spend buying an old, original Parker or a repro? Seems to me that if one has $5K to spend on a Parker the $ is better spent on an old gun.

Kenny Graft
07-17-2012, 07:34 AM
You could not buy a better made Parker than a repro.....But they do lack the warmth of the original well cared for Parker guns. Repro's have brazed barrel sets and chrome lined bores that will handle steel shot day in day out. One day steel/nontocs may be manditory everywere we hunt or shoot......About that price issue....any nice correct parker that is not a 12 gauge, say 20 or 16 will set you back 3k and up starting with VH grade. When you get to the DHE grade you can double or tripple the cost of a basic 20 repro's cost just to start. The hard to find 16ga repro's can be pricy and run right with some original Parker 16-s price wise. Start talking 28ga. and the originals realy out pace the repro's four or five to one or more. That said I would say the best deal for Parker gun peaple is the reproductions in 28ga. They made about 3500 of them in all configerations and are very availible. My most faverite little gauge is a repro 3-barrel set 410 ic/m 28 ic/m and 28 m/f DT PG BTF I paid 13500.00 for this set some time back......Think what it would cost to buy a 410/28 DHE original like it if one existed...priceless......Im almost sure this is the only repro 3 barrel set in this configuration that was made......that would make it the only one in the world...and yes its getting that warm used look from hunting and shooting clay targets, I killed my first pointed woodcock with this gun last fall..sweet. I thank Tom Skues for his dream come true of the Parker repro's by winchester! Like Charles Parker he will be remembered by his guns. They are the best value in todays Parker SXS gun market! thanks all SXS ohio....(-: