PDA

View Full Version : Mondays aint so bad

Paul Plager
06-27-2012, 05:48 PM
This is the way I want to spend every Monday from now on.

Dave Suponski
06-27-2012, 06:29 PM
Paul, Mondays like that could very easily change my attitude about Mondays in general...:whistle: A bunch of us here have a Stripper trip booked for the 10th of July on Long Island Sound but alas it's a Tuesday....

Paul Plager
06-27-2012, 07:21 PM
:rolleyes:I don't have my glasses on; did you say stripe r or strip er ? Either way sounds good to me:whistle:

Dave Suponski
06-27-2012, 07:51 PM
Paul, Strippers as in Stripped Bass....:)

Eric Estes
06-27-2012, 08:28 PM
Dave, I think it is usually with one "p" the way you intended, but I enjoyed my smile for the day...

Where on LI sound are you going out of? I have lots of fantastic Striper fishing memories out of Norwalk, Groton, and Pawcatuck.

Dave Suponski
06-27-2012, 08:35 PM
Eric,Thanks for the correction. The chuckle was free.... We will be heading out of Captains Cove in Bridgeport. We will most likely anchor off a wreck or two out at Middleground.

Another trip I want to do is for Tuna out of Point Judith.RI

John Dallas
06-27-2012, 08:49 PM
Stripper - Striper ? sort of the discussion we have in Michigan regarding PAsties and Pasties. - Hint - one's a food and one's .... oh never mind.

Eric Estes
06-27-2012, 08:54 PM
Well best of luck to you out there. Some of my best growing up memories are night fishing for Stripers all through the Norwalk Islands. In my twenties I got to know those few miles of water at night like the back of my hand. Long time ago now. I sure need to move back to New England... The Chesapeake Bay is nice, but it is not the same!.

Lots of Tuna fishing out of Point Judith back in the day too. Canyon trips off friend's boats. There were a couple head boats out of PJ back in the 90s that used to do overnight canyon trips. Not sure if they still do. The Gail Frances I think was one. They were a pretty good deal. When the water is right the Yellowfin come in plenty close for day boats.

Dave Suponski
06-27-2012, 09:09 PM
Yup you nailed it Eric. They are the guys I would use except they are called Frances Fleet now. I think they run three or four boats now.

John...I got ya.....

Dean Romig
06-27-2012, 09:30 PM
Point Judith?? The tuna to go for there are "fat albies" (false albacore) and "little tunnies" with the fly rod. Those schools are so fast that when you see a school coming your way don't waste the cast because by the time your fly hits the water they are past you by seventy yards and fast becoming just a memory.

Dean Romig
06-27-2012, 09:33 PM
Paul, of all the fish shown there, cobia, wahoo, tuna, permit, shark and of course, red snapper... did you bring any snapper home?

Paul Plager
06-27-2012, 10:19 PM
:cheers:Dave, I hope you have as much fun & luck as we did.
Paul. :cheers:

Paul Plager
06-27-2012, 10:21 PM
My wife & daughter went with me on this trip. The state limit is 2 per person. We brought home 6 snapper, 1 Ling & 9 Vermillion snapper.