PDA

View Full Version : Some new finds

Frank Srebro
06-23-2012, 04:27 PM
A couple of recent finds.... sometimes you get lucky.

Parker folks will recognize the one on the left is the Foster print "Tarnation" on the cover of the August 1922 National Sportsman .... a Parker hammer gun in action against a chicken hawk. And Fox nuts know L B Hunt's print "Try em" showing a Super Fox on the ready. That issue dated one year later = August 1923.

The Kinfolks knife is was given to me by Dad when I was all of 11 years old. Not a new find but a goodie. Frank

http://i1044.photobucket.com/albums/b450/silvers897/IMG_0705.jpg

Dean Romig
06-23-2012, 04:43 PM
When did Dad give you the knife Frank... August 1924? :biglaugh:

Sorry Frank, I couldn't help myself...

Nice finds on those collectible National Sportsman magazines!!

And I'm sure that is a very special knife to you too.

Frank Srebro
06-23-2012, 05:10 PM
A good joke Dean. :) Yep that knife is very special to me. Not only because Dad trusted this kid with it, but it's been with me on hunts from Anticosti to Kamchatka and from Alaska south to Argentina. One of our sons knows he has it down the road, a bit, I hope.

Robert Rambler
06-23-2012, 05:26 PM
Nice find Frank! I was lucky enough to add that one to my collection last year.
From the looks of the pattern on the side of the greenhouse, I'am guessing about mod. choke in that Parker hammer gun? :rotf:
The feud with the chicken hawk evidently continued for a few more years. This one July 1928 is titled. "When two tens won't go into a twenty".
I've been on the lookout for others with similar themes.

Got a few pocket knives that belonged to my Grandfather,cherished items they are.

John Dallas
06-23-2012, 05:28 PM
I've got a knife given to me by my Godmother when I was 12. It is an authentic Swiss Army knife made by Wenger. it's somewhere north of 50 years old. Nicked, scratched, and missing the toothpick and lanyard loop, but still a favorite

Dave Suponski
06-23-2012, 06:18 PM
Great find Frank. Congrats....:)

Bob, I had no idea that theme was carried on. Wonderful...I learn something new here about everyday....:bowdown:

charlie cleveland
06-23-2012, 07:48 PM
good find and a very special knife... charlie

Destry L. Hoffard
06-26-2012, 01:57 PM
I've always wondered about that particular style knife. I've got two, one marked Ka-Bar and the other marked Case, but they're virtually identical. Now here's one marked Kinfolks, makes you wonder who actually made them.

Destry