PDA

View Full Version : P - Prototype guns

Sam Casey
05-31-2012, 09:12 PM
Are the P-xxxx serial # (prototype) guns worth any more than others of same configuration??

Greg Baehman
05-31-2012, 11:31 PM
Sellers and owners of P-Repros would like to think so, but in my observations I haven't seen them bring a noticeable premium. Your observations may vary from mine . . .

Kenny Graft
06-01-2012, 08:08 AM
The P guns are the same value by condition and rarity as the rest of them..... extra nice wood may also add $$$ along with original ship boxes ,case and cover ect.... Parker and Parker repro gun prices are all over the map right now. The good the bad and the ugly are all out there. Being the off season for the firearms industry and poor election year economy all plays a part and some real good summer deals can be found. I am puzzles by stupid crazy high priced Parkers that have been listed on the big three sights. Double or tripple their real world value! Most likely listed by sellers who normaly do not sell parker guns and do not follow current market values for them. It takes years to learn and understand this market...The American vintage SXS and repoductions...(-:

Sam Casey
06-01-2012, 03:51 PM
The gun I have been offered is an otherwise unremarkable DT,PG, SFE, I/M 20ga. Quite nice, but not great wood, no dust cover or snap caps or paper. Appears unfired. I have heard that many of the "P" guns have some mfr flaw. This one has a noticably bright edge at rear of reciever as if it did not get a full dose of whatever chemistry used to simulate the case colors. Can anyone suggest what would be a fair price in today's market? Thanks again.

Kenny Graft
06-01-2012, 06:20 PM
I would think 3500.00 to 3750.00 for that retail and 3000.00 would be a steel.... Kenny

Chris Travinski
06-01-2012, 07:42 PM
It has the doubble triggers going for it, but I think $3000-3200 is realistic. There are alot of them for sale right now, most on the market for a long time, the guns in the low $3k range move relatively quick. The 20 ga. is a great gun, but seems to be the least popular of the Parker Repros, I had one and loved it.

Tony Guccioni
06-05-2012, 07:37 AM
It has the doubble triggers going for it, but I think $3000-3200 is realistic. There are alot of them for sale right now, most on the market for a long time, the guns in the low $3k range move relatively quick. The 20 ga. is a great gun, but seems to be the least popular of the Parker Repros, I had one and loved it.

Would you say ...less popular than a 12 Ga ?

Chris Travinski
06-05-2012, 08:45 PM
I would guess they are less popular than the 12 ga, it's a tough call because I don't think they made alot of 12 ga repro's. I have had a few of them, 28, 20, and 12 ga, the 28 was my favorite, but they are all nice guns.