PDA

View Full Version : Heads-up 16/20 set G.I.

Paul Ehlers
05-27-2012, 09:10 PM
I just wanted to give everyone a heads up about a 16/20 repro. that is being offered on Guns International.

The seller states that it is an original factory set with Krieghoff 16 gauge barrels. These barrels are not Kreighoff's, they are the ones made my Galazan.

I have both the original Kreighoff & the Galazan 16ga barrels and have compared them to the picture he has listed. Look at the last picture in the ad and you'll notice the picture of the barrel flats was purposely cropped to just show the 16ga 2 3/4" markings. These marking match my Galazan set and are no where to be found on the Krieghoff set.

Just thought I'd pass this on so everyone here will know what they are buying with this set.

As a side note: I believe this seller has changed his name and used to go by Gatoman.

http://www.gunsinternational.com/PARKER-REPROD-16-20-GA-COMBO.cfm?gun_id=100255006

Mills Morrison
05-27-2012, 10:10 PM
There was an earlier post about this seller on a different gun, but said much the same thing. Basically, let the buyer beware

Rex Northen
05-27-2012, 10:10 PM
Good info and thanks! Looks like BB Collectables has several repros for sale - baby frames, Duck Stamps, couple of A1's, etc.

Marvin Kells
05-28-2012, 08:17 AM
Good info and thanks! Looks like BB Collectables has several repros for sale - baby frames, Duck Stamps, couple of A1's, etc.

If "Gatoman or Gattoman" doesn't ring a bell, review this thread. Then you'll know why he changed his name!

http://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5864&highlight=Gattoman

Mills Morrison
05-28-2012, 12:54 PM
Hopefully, he will get run off the gun websites for good

Jay Gardner
05-28-2012, 01:20 PM
Does the CA AG have a Consumer Affairs Dept?

Tony Guccioni
05-28-2012, 04:48 PM
I just wanted to give everyone a heads up about a 16/20 repro. that is being offered on Guns International.

The seller states that it is an original factory set with Krieghoff 16 gauge barrels. These barrels are not Kreighoff's, they are the ones made my Galazan.

I have both the original Kreighoff & the Galazan 16ga barrels and have compared them to the picture he has listed. Look at the last picture in the ad and you'll notice the picture of the barrel flats was purposely cropped to just show the 16ga 2 3/4" markings. These marking match my Galazan set and are no where to be found on the Krieghoff set.

Just thought I'd pass this on so everyone here will know what they are buying with this set.

As a side note: I believe this seller has changed his name and used to go by Gatoman.

http://www.gunsinternational.com/PARKER-REPROD-16-20-GA-COMBO.cfm?gun_id=100255006

That's a fairly important 'side note' Paul, given that the Bryant clan has well and truely ruined it's reputation around here.
Afterall, there are a lot of prospective Repro buyers gathered around this here campfire.
Perhaps you could provide a few clues as to how you came to such a belief.

( I do like that Duck Stamp that BB Collectables is currently offering up for sale.)

STOP PRESS ...

Ok. with another visit to the GI listings I see it all.

Thanks for the 'heads up'.

Greg Baehman
05-28-2012, 05:22 PM
They do come up with some dream Repros, i.e. the Duck Stamp Specials and the .410 4/0 frame BHE...and then there's the 20-ga. Steel Shot Special with IMP/F chokes bb collectables have listed. So rare there's not even one in existence, but yet, here it is...
http://www.gunsinternational.com/PARKER-STEEL-SHOT-20-GA-.cfm?gun_id=100255004

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Mills Morrison
05-28-2012, 05:59 PM
Hopefully, someone who has had an actual bad experience with them will report them to the appropriate authorities.

Paul Ehlers
05-28-2012, 10:20 PM
They do come up with some dream Repros, i.e. the Duck Stamp Specials and the .410 4/0 frame BHE...and then there's the 20-ga. Steel Shot Special with IMP/F chokes bb collectables have listed. So rare there's not even one in existence, but yet, here it is...
http://www.gunsinternational.com/PARKER-STEEL-SHOT-20-GA-.cfm?gun_id=100255004

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Look again at the steel shot special. He lists it as a 20ga, if you look at the serial # you'll notice it's a 12ga.

I was a little hesitant to post about this seller. But after all the crazy listing errors and sky high prices. I thought it was the correct thing to do for those who check in here. The last thing in the world I would want to do his ruin someones reputation un-justly. In this case I feel the seller has done it to himself.

I would love to have the BHE .410 or the duck stamp special. I just wish I would have bought the .410 at the little Johns auction last year when it sold to this seller for $12,000.00 he's now asking $28,000.00 for the same gun. Snooze, you loose!

Greg Baehman
05-28-2012, 11:03 PM
Look again at the steel shot special. He lists it as a 20ga, if you look at the serial # you'll notice it's a 12ga.

Like I facetiously said, a 20-ga. SSS is so rare there's not even one in existence, but that's what he's described as what he has for sale. He has these great guns, but he needs a proof reader to help him out a bit.

Gerry Addison
06-04-2012, 09:52 AM
They were removed from GunsInternational because of many problems brought on by mis-representing guns and not dealing fairly. There were many complaints at that site. One of the family is now listing under the new name. I had a terrible experience with them and it cost me $240 but I learned a valuable lesson. If you notice in the listing the name in the ad is Bill, the name of the seller is J.L. Bryant. Same people that put me through the ringer on a Model 21 "Babyframe" 28GA that turned out to be a 20GA frame with 28GA barrels. Buyer beware is all I can say.

timcornish
08-02-2012, 10:48 PM
I sent a check out for this gun and I just read this post and called the seller. He assurred me it is a Kreighoff set but insisted on sending my check back. For the furture where can I see the diffence? How should a Kreighoff be marked?

billie bryant
08-02-2012, 11:12 PM
i just love the way you so-called experts show your true background & honesty about parker repros & an individuals reputation just by going on this so called legitimate collectors association & saying things that are not true? galazan will tell you himself they are NOT his barrels & further more we have 3 sets my late father owned! my brother has in no way hurt or swindled any of you so called nice people out of any money & never have we sold anything of dads that we will not refund or take back? it is amazing so many of you wanted dads BHE ,DUCK STAMP, & the last parker built that sold for $27000 at lil johns last year? you people gave my dad alot of slop talk while he was alive & now you start on my brother? just buy your parkers somewhere else? because we have the best ones & ask our price does not mean you have to buy? there is more to life than playing your blackball him game! "adios"

Brian Stucker
08-02-2012, 11:19 PM
Yikes!

billie bryant
08-03-2012, 01:59 AM
I sent a check out for this gun and I just read this post and called the seller. He assurred me it is a Kreighoff set but insisted on sending my check back. For the furture where can I see the diffence? How should a Kreighoff be marked?

TIM YOU SHOULD HAVE SPOKE MORE TRUTHFULLY IN SAYING THE GUN WAS SOLD TO SECOND BUYER? YOUR CK. WILL BE MAILED BACK TOMORROW TO YOUR RETURN ADDRESS, THANK YOU, BILL

Joe Bernfeld
08-03-2012, 12:59 PM
I was hoping that meant forever :bigbye:!

Bob Jurewicz
08-03-2012, 01:15 PM
Tim, here is your answer.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j106/Bobguns/P3160003.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j106/Bobguns/P3160013.jpg

Sorry for photo quality! So here is what to look for:
1. Made In Germany- side right barrel
2. Parker Reproduction etc side of left barrel
3. Kreighoff Ulm- rear of left barrel flat
4. German Proofs and date of production-center right barrel flat
5. Choke designation- front of each barrel flat.
BobJurewicz

timcornish
08-04-2012, 12:03 AM
Bob, Thanks, conincidentally one with the real Keighoff barrels came up today on Gunbroker - a littel rough but much cheaper and I am going to hunt with it anyway. I got the guy to send me pics of the falts and form your pics I could tell the barrels were genuine. I bought it.

Probably paid too much but------here is the url

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/35/16park.jpg/

Richard Skeuse
08-08-2012, 09:13 AM
Hi Tim, That gun you bought has a tube that is out of round. Get that to a gunsmith before you shoot it. It does not have a Parker Reproduction foreend on it. Thanks

Jay Gardner
08-08-2012, 09:23 AM
Hi Tim, That gun you bought has a tube that is out of round. Get that to a gunsmith before you shoot it. It does not have a Parker Reproduction foreend on it. Thanks

Double YIKES!:eek::eek:

Dave Suponski
08-08-2012, 01:11 PM
Tim, This may be a stupid question but is the gun fitted with a set of Parker Bros. barrels and forend?

timcornish
08-08-2012, 03:14 PM
OOPS! I posted some pics of an old 16 ga barrel of mine that is for sale (damscus) along the the repro pics!

Thanks for your concern though