PDA

View Full Version : My First Parker

jimcaron
05-07-2012, 10:59 AM
A grade 2 with Hammers and a set gorgeous Damascus Barrels.

charlie cleveland
05-07-2012, 11:47 AM
welcome JIM these old parkers are habit forming...sounds like a keeper youve got there... charlie

jimcaron
05-07-2012, 12:43 PM
Hi Charlie, thank you. I'm afraid you might be right about that. Much to my wife's chagrin. Heh.
I have to say Those old guns just have an amazing aesthetic quality to them. Plus you can imagine the stories they could tell. I was looking for a schematic so I could give it a good cleaning and I stumbled here.

calvin humburg
05-07-2012, 02:26 PM
How about some pictures Jim. Grade 2 hammer gun cool top lever? stright of bent? ducks and grouse? whats on the bottom? Glad you found this sight. Think about joining and talk to us don't just "dissapear" like so many do. best ch yeah I know

jimcaron
05-07-2012, 03:22 PM
THanks Fishtail. I'll do my best to stick around!

I have a photos here of the receiver. Straight top lever. very little pitting or unnatural wear.

Chuck Bishop
05-07-2012, 04:45 PM
Lucky guy!

jimcaron
05-07-2012, 08:24 PM
Thanks Pa, I know I got lucky with it. I wanted to take it out yesterday for a few rounds of skeet, but one of the local colleges had the entire range tied to for a match. Dang!

Chuck Bishop
05-07-2012, 09:01 PM
Just make sure the barrels are sound and use low pressure loads. Lots of PGCA guys in your area for help.

calvin humburg
05-07-2012, 10:15 PM
OPPS, you are a member sorry! Great first Parker enjoy.

Dean Romig
05-07-2012, 11:24 PM
Okay Jim... where are you? I'm in Andover Ma and there are a bunch of guys in the New England area who are quite willing to help a new Parker (custodian) owner. We'll all be shooting at Addieville on Saturday and consider this an official invitation to meet some of us and to do some shooting too.

jimcaron
05-08-2012, 04:40 AM
HI Guys,

Thanks for all the help. I gave it a good look over and the barrels are great shape. In fact I have come some modern guns that didn't look as clean.
I have a flat of 2 1/2" RST maxi-lites and Falcon lites, although I'd like to reload at some point. I'm not set up for 12 gauge, or for roll crimping, which I wouldn't mind trying, but I do reload 28 with a PW 800.
Hey Dean, I live in North Billerica and shoot at Minuteman. I'd love to meet up at Addieville sometime, unfortunately, I am booked Saturday - My Nephew just graduated from Northeastern and his party is Saturday. Then again, maybe I will meet up with you guys.....Eh, maybe not that would get into a whole lot of trouble, wouldn't it?

Dean Romig
05-08-2012, 05:36 AM
Maybe not that would get into a whole lot of trouble, wouldn't it?

Maybe yes - maybe no... The invitation is still open and the decision is yours.

Dean

jimcaron
05-08-2012, 03:52 PM
Maybe yes - maybe no... The invitation is still open and the decision is yours.

Dean

Thank you Dean, I appreciate your very kind offer. I would love to attend. If you could PM to me the particulars I am going to try to negotiate my parole from my familial duties!

Dean Romig
05-08-2012, 04:53 PM
Addieville East Farms, Pheasant Lane, Mapleville RI.

Those who know the exact street number can post it here but you can look them up on the internet to get thr address.

Shooting commences at 9 a.m. We're looking forward to meeting you - we always have a great time. Very informal but safety oriented.

jimcaron
05-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Thank you Sir, I can take it from there.

Dean Romig
05-08-2012, 05:03 PM
That'll be enough of that "sir" stuff :rotf:

jimcaron
05-08-2012, 05:14 PM
That'll be enough of that "sir" stuff :rotf:

Aye, Cap'n!

:rotf: