PDA

View Full Version : Great Grandfather's Shotgun

Allan Diaz
10-18-2009, 10:05 PM
I sent the message with the same title back in March of 2005. I'm trying to reassemble serial #4052 that I inherited a few years ago. I got a few great replies including a hand drawn engineers drawing of a special screw that I need to have made. Can anyone explain how to open the archive articles. I need to print up a copy of that drawing. Austin was very helpful and I need to get started again. Thanks

Allan Diaz
10-24-2009, 01:57 PM
Just a note to thank Austin Hogan. I printed up a copy of yor replies pictures and machine drawing last December. I got busted-up (injured) in a fire on 10-1 and I'm in the healing mode for the next three months with time on my hand, (right wrist OOS).

Do they have a name or grade or style designation for these early hammer style underlifters? You called it an early lifter gun, is that the proper name for this style? The serial #4052 places its manufacturing date in 1874. My wife has a digital camera and I'll include some photos as I begin the process.

Allan Diaz
10-29-2009, 03:34 AM
Does anyone know about decent gunsmiths in Arizona, Phoenix/Scottsdale area?? I need to have the forend mounting bracket re-soldered to the barrel along with finding a hammer screw and custom made miniature screw for my underlifter. Hopefully someone near me is familiar with Parkers, I realize they are more popular in the eastern states.

Brian Dillard
10-29-2009, 08:55 AM
Does anyone know about decent gunsmiths in Arizona, Phoenix/Scottsdale area??

I don't know of any gunsmiths but go see William Larkin Moore in Scottsdale, they are a high end double gun retailer that Bruce Day turned me on to. They will have intimate knowledge of any repair smiths in your area and they are a great reference to learn from.