PDA

View Full Version : Need a stock!

Chris Scott
10-18-2009, 03:07 AM
Hello Gentlemen,

I inherited a Parker Trojan from my Grandfather. It is the only thing I have that was his. When I received it many, many years ago the stock was broken at the wrist. I have tried for many years to get a new stock made. I have had no luck. Ten years ago I was directed to a fellow that I was told could do the job. He did more harm than good and I was lucky to get the gun back. It is not for sale, I don't care about the value. Does anyone know where I can get a stock for my Prize possession?

Thank you

Gill Frye
10-18-2009, 10:53 AM
Type in " Parker gun parts" on e-bay and you'll see some on there, just remember it will have to be fitted so it won't be over just buying the stock. Good luck.

Chris Scott
10-18-2009, 12:12 PM
Thanks Gill,

Fitting the stock is not a worry. It was getting one that could fit. My great grand father tried to fix it by inlaying brass plates on either side. It has not been fired in 40+ years. The screws suffered a bit at the hands of the guy that told me he could carve a stock. I would just like to bring this gun back to workable condition. It is such a beautiful piece especially when you take into consideration it was made almost 100 years ago. I will check ebay. Any help is appreciated.

Don Kaas
10-18-2009, 01:45 PM
Try Wenig's or Show Me gunstocks in Missouri (just googel the names for their contact info) Both can and will do a nice job on Grandpa's Trojan.

Chris Scott
10-18-2009, 06:48 PM
Thanks Don I will try them both.

Ron Hann
10-19-2009, 11:21 AM
What gauge?

Chris Scott
10-20-2009, 12:51 AM
Ron,

The frame size is a 2 so a 10 or 12 I am not sure which. I will find out tomorrow.

Chris

Ron Hann
10-20-2009, 08:51 AM
Chris,

I have a stock that according to the serial number came from a 20 gauge Trogan, O frame. I was thinking of using it on my 20 gauge VH that has a few issues on the stock but pretty much decided to keep the orginial for now and look into restoring it in the future. That's why I asked.

Ron

Chris Scott
10-20-2009, 11:36 AM
Ron, Would that stock work for me? I would really love to find one like that. How much would you like for it? (assuming it is for sale). I really love this gun. I hope I will be able to shoot it one day.

Ron Hann
10-20-2009, 01:30 PM
Chris,

My knowledge and experience on this is very limited, but I am sure there would be a good bit of difference between a stock for a #2 frame and a #0 frame. If you put the question out on the forum for discussion, I am sure knowledgeable members could give advise. If you could use it, I would like to get back what I paid for it since I have no need for it anymore.

Ron

jack lyons
12-16-2009, 08:56 PM
Criss, Give me email , I have several suppliers that will supply a stock for your gun,
jlyons1@comcast.net
Lyons Gunsmithing
I have several parkers in my shop for replacement stocks

jack lyons
12-17-2009, 11:51 AM
Ed , What will not fit ????? Maybe we are not on the same page !!!!!!!!!!