PDA

View Full Version : New to Parkers and the Elite Group

Bill Marney
04-18-2012, 02:19 PM
Hello to All:
My name is Bill Marney and I'm new to Parker shotguns...I am finding out this is a very different world that is abounding in history...I work for a gun shop in a southern town and we have just had a nice Parker shotgun come in, and I am trying to see what it can tell me and work out the history of manufacture for this piece...

The shotgun is a "VH" 16 gauge, the engraving is still clear and sharp, the action is very tight and has clean lines. The screws have been moved and some deformation and are not aligned.

The gun is in what I would call very good shape mechanically and hasn't been beat up, once upon a time he stock had been cut down and then replaced with a different piece of wood. The outer case hardening is mostly gone, but the underside shows brite and clear. So I am of the opinion that it has been a hunting shotgun. One question is does the stock being cutdown and replaced detract that much from the value?

What is a good source of information on researching this item. I can get to the most basic stuff on the web, but if you could give me a bit of guidance I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for allowing me to have this time..

Bill

Rick Losey
04-18-2012, 02:29 PM
pictures always help

Barrel length?

and what is the frame size - is there a 1 or a 0 on the rear barrel lug?

if you post the serial number - someone with the "book" can check for stats

George Lander
04-18-2012, 11:53 PM
Bill: The very best sources on information on Parker shotguns are THIS FORUM & THE PARKER STORY.

Best Regards and Welcome, George

Bill Marney
04-19-2012, 09:15 AM
Thank you for the comments...I am sorry about forgetting the most important information...It is as follows...Serial 157147 and the markings on the bottom of the barrels, it has a "3" and on the bottom lug by the extractors a "k 1"...On the reciever it shows a "vh" and below that the serial number and then another "V"...The barrels are 26"...I can send pictures here later but I don't have my camera at the moment...

edgarspencer
04-19-2012, 10:59 AM
One question is does the stock being cutdown and replaced detract that much from the value?

Unfortunately, yes