PDA

View Full Version : Hey Kenny G.-I need some 410 Repro help!

Bill Davis
04-16-2012, 07:56 AM
Hi Kenny--I enjoy your Repro posts and own or have owned a few over the years, but never a 410. That is about to change. I just purchased a 3 barrel set that is 28/28/410 with 2 beavertails. If my memory is correct, you also own a similar set. The chokes are M/F and Q1-Q2 on the 28 barrels and Q1-Q2 on the 410 barrels. It has the dreaded single trigger--which is ok--I've had no issues with any of mine. In any event, do you have a handle on how many of these 3 barrel sets were made? Can you share any insight from your experience about these sets? Thanks Kenny--I appreciate any help you care to give. BD

Kenny Graft
04-17-2012, 08:14 AM
From my records I know of 3 set that are correctly cased three barrel sets. Only one of them is choked 410/Q1,Q2 That gun is S.N. 28-4026 SG-SST It had splinter on the 410 set and BT on the 28 barrels. It was listed by James Wayne back in dec-2009 at 22500.00He may still own it? Two sets have 410 barrels with BTF and yours will make three. two have DT and two have SST counting your SST gun. I would say counting your set that makes four confirmed 3-barrels sets if it is in its correct 3-barrel case it counts. Two have the IC/M and two have Q1/Q2 chokes. There was four sets of stand alone P.R. 410 barrels sold by A-Associates june of 2010 John told me. I did not get any additional info about them??? I should call him back and ask. Im sure they will show up, I do not know if they had forends with any of them. Of the two barrel sets, I have seven sets listed with S.N. and two sets missing the S.N. notation, some sellers will not give me that info...HMMMMM? So at this point we have 11 DHE grade sets total by S.N. and two unknown?..13.. Tom Skues had said 9 DHE sets left the factory completed guns sold. Considder the 4 stand alone barrel set add up to 13 and we are close to the numbers we know of...... Your new set that has Q1/Q2 and BTF-is one of two known!...COOL! We think there is only 3 BHE grades 28/410 total in any config, how many A1 specials is unknown at this time...I know of two 3 barrel sets. Send me your specs and S.N. and I will record it......Nothing wrong with the SST guns.....Im just a DT kinda guy, all my SXS guns are DT even my Fox guns and old time Parkers. They are mutch faster choice in hunting settings.
Im shooting my 410 ic/mod PG-Dt BTF gun and its so mutch fun...I love it! The BTF is the best...keeps me off them very hot barrels!!! 410-s realy heat up. Can't beleive how well it breaks birds! I may take it on a woodcock hunt this fall......Thanks all SXS ohio...........................(-:

Bill Davis
04-17-2012, 03:42 PM
Kenny--thanks so much for your thorough summary. I will send you my serial number as soon as it arrives. BD

Bill Murphy
04-19-2012, 09:07 AM
I don't remember seeing beavertails on .410 barrels, either 000 frame or 0000 frame. Can someone post a picture of a .410 beavertail that is not originally made to fit the 28 gauge barrels? I believe my original order for my 0000 frame BHE .410 was for a beavertail, but the gun never arrived. The Parker Reproductions factory representative had my deposit returned a year or two later with an apology. It was a disappointment when I found that there were unengraved finished guns in inventory that they kept for themselves. I was never offered an opportunity to purchase one. My friend Geoffrey Gournet show them to me as they were being engraved, but told me that they were not for sale. It was the only stinky experience I ever had with the Company, but it was a real stinker.

Kenny Graft
04-21-2012, 07:18 AM
Hi Bill...Look on gun broker. 282892384# Just listed is a BHE 410/28 set The only one that left the factory!... has a letter from the president of P.R. I have a copy of that letter. I only wish I could afford to buy that gun...)-: Anyway it has picture of the 410 with BTF. I also now own two of the three barrel sets that have both 410 and 28 BTF. If posting pictures was not sutch a pain I would post some. PM your direct e-mail and I can send them to you.....I will have to take some pictures of them....will be next week as Im on my way to hunt gobblers....(-: SXS ohio

Bill Davis
04-21-2012, 07:52 AM
Thanks Kenny. PM to you. Turkey opens in NJ today for junior shooters learning how! Good luck to you.

Bill Davis
04-21-2012, 04:06 PM
Kenny--for your records--the gun is in a correct 3 barrel case with 28 and 410 snap caps. It has the paperwork with it and the end label to the cardboard box. The serial # is 28-02251. SG/SST/ and 2 beavertails. Chokes Q1/Q2 on the 26 inch 28 and 410 barrels and M/F on the 28 inch 28ga. barrels. Go get that gobbler this week. Bill

WILLIAM STANELL
04-21-2012, 09:51 PM
Congrats Bill D. Let's go hit a gun show and buy the "blank" of things as Kenny Gold...would say

Bill Murphy
04-22-2012, 08:17 AM
Excuse my error in my post. I meant to say I had not seen a beavertail on a 00 frame or a 0000 frame Repro .410. The 000 frames which I mentioned in error are on original Parkers. Thanks for the pictures of the BHE .410 barrels with beavertail. Sure would like to own that one. However, I'm not sure the description is correct about the engraving.

Kenny Graft
05-08-2012, 10:41 AM
Hey..NID-28....Wow that is a nice nice outfit!, post some pics when you get time,... Are the 410 snap caps marked the same as the other original snap caps they made??? I have 28,20, 16,12 caps from P.R. never saw a set of 410....I need them!!! Thanks Kenny

Kenny Graft
05-08-2012, 11:25 AM
NID-28....DHE grade sets...You have the only 410 Q1/Q2 set with a beaver tail....and only one other set is Q1/Q2 and it has a splinter. These two sets are idenicle except for the forends on the 410-s....We have 5 confirmed 3 barrel sets in 410/28 to date....7 two barrel sets and a coupe two barrel sets that I did not get S.N. listing for them and they could be of the 7 we know of ?? Thats 12 sets and two unknown. Of the 12 sets 4 have double triggers...2 pistol grip and 2 english. Parker story states 9 DHE grade 410 sets made. Plus I found a owner/seller of 4 stand alone 410 PR barrel sets brings the number to 13.....Unfortunately I was too late for one of these and did not find out if forends were with any of them??? I did not find out what he sold them for either...)-:
I hope you get out and shoot some sporting clays with your 410 and let us know how you do....I can do pretty good with my set that is IC/MOD .006/.009 I skip the longer shots...but break birds out to 35-40 yards fairly well...(-: 30 yards and under she realy shines,...fun,fun,fun till her daddy took thr t-bird away....SXS ohio

Kenny Graft
07-19-2012, 05:11 PM
NID-28 did you get a look at the 410 snap caps? are they factory marked P.R. like the others?, if they are please send me a picture of them....would be nice to know they made them.... thanks kenny