PDA

View Full Version : Winter Restocking Project

Ed Blake
04-08-2012, 06:58 PM
I needed a project this past winter to take a break from reloading. I restocked a recently purchased safety-less 32" VH. The original stock had been dished out by a prior owner to lower the comb making it too low for me. I ordered a semi-inlet stock from Macon Gunstocks and went to work. The dimensions now are 1 3/8" x 1 1/2 x 14 7/8". In the right hands it's an LC Smith's worst nightmare. Thanks to Brian Dudley for technical support.

Rich Anderson
04-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Nice job. I have a project going also on a VH 20 but as I'm NOt talented and have a firm agreement with tools in that if I don't touch them they won't hurt me or my gun I just wright a big check to the smith that is doing the stock work:corn:

Bill Murphy
04-08-2012, 08:38 PM
Ed, I guess I'm off the list for the VH pigeon gun. Murphy

Ed Blake
04-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Bill, I just made the old girl a new dress. The "list" only has one person on it.

Art Bensheimer
04-08-2012, 09:25 PM
So would you recommend macon or any other semi made up stock company. I've got a parker and 2 ithaca's I'm looking to restock. I'm up for any advise on this project. I want it to be as simple as possible with good quality wood. Inform me I'm a blank slate on this matter.

David Dwyer
04-09-2012, 07:40 AM
Ed
Really nice work!
David

Brian Dudley
04-10-2012, 09:42 PM
Ed,
It turned out good. Glad you were able to see it to the end. Send me some more pics or post some more. Would like to see.
I am glad that the Macon stock worked out for you. FYI to others out there considering Macon... I know of two people who have been burned by them with poor duplications. One was really bad.

Dean Romig
04-10-2012, 09:48 PM
Ed, that is a great job! It looks almost exactly like an original Parker trap stock in the comb area. Very nice!