PDA

View Full Version : Red Haired Sister - Fox Organization

Mark Ouellette
04-02-2012, 06:32 PM
Gentlemen (and ladies if you are out there…),

How many of you also admire the wonderful handling characteristics and graceful lines of AH Fox shotguns? I know that I do and I think that many of you do too. Do you know that there is an AH Fox Collectors Association? To me, this is the PGCA’s little red haired sister. Oh, she will grow up into a svelte vixen someday but for now our sister is still growing up. I wasn’t a Parker guy long ago when the PGCA as finding its way. Undoubtedly as an organization the PGCA had a few setbacks and learned from those experiences. Sometimes life can teach some painful lessons! Maybe we could share our organizational knowledge with our little sister?

I ask of you my fellow PGCA members who also do appreciate the virtues of an AH Fox double to consider joining the AHFCA. Why join both? Simple, because we are only strong when we share information. The collectors associations provide a means to connect with fellow enthusiasts. Just as we members share information so do organizations!

The following are a few personal examples of the benefits that I have gained by being a Parker and Fox association member:

1. I have communicated with many gentlemen with similar interests via the PGCA forum. At SxS shoots and major gun shows we meet as old friends even though this is our first meeting!

2. I often confer with my fellow PGCA friends concerning what a fair price should be on guns at auction and otherwise offered for sale. In every purchase I save more than the cost of an annual membership thanks to the advice and guidance of more experienced members. Now that I am having gained some experience in rating and pricing Parkers, I in turn provide assistance to PGCA and forum members.

3. I have conferred with a well known member of the Fox association for guidance on what this or that Fox was worth. In turn I have aided him with reloading. Recently this Foxist put a custom AE Grade Fox up for sale. I called him to discuss and in a few minutes I had purchased a dream gun. He was pleased that he could pass on his creation to someone who would both love and shoot her! Later he told me of a flood of emails wanting to buy this gun. I know many enthusiasts who would prefer to pass on a cherished gun to a friend a fair price rather than auctioning her off to the highest bidder.

4. I collect 10 gauge SxS’s. A PGCA member with a similar passion and occasionally discuss various long barreled 12 and 10 gauge guns. One night this friend calls me and asked if I want to take on another project? It was a Grade 2 Top Action (hammer, top lever) 32” barrels on a #4 frame. The #4 frame is not common so I had interest. The gun was shot hard and put up wet! This friend had talked the owner down to a great price and he passed that deal on to me. That Parker now sits in my rack crying for attention. I plan return it to shoot-able but un-restored condition. I may decide that someone should restore her and if so, I will seek out a fellow big gun enthusiast an offer it to them.

There are of course other examples but I think you all have similar ones.

Please give the AH Fox Collectors Association some consideration. http://www.foxcollectors.com

We are stronger when we all work together!

Most respectfully requested,
Mark

Dave Suponski
04-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Mark,Many of us here belong to multiple collectors groups. I like yourself belong to the AH Fox Gun Collectors. Also I know several members belong to several groups. I call the BOD of the Fox Collectors my friends and talk with one or more of them almost weekly. A great hard working bunch of guys. Many of them are also members of the PGCA. You pretty much hit the nail on the head. We are available to help them any way we can and there has been discussions about the way things are done between the two groups almost since the beginning.

The hardest thing for any collectors group to accomplish it seems is to get members to increase their level of involvement. We are very fortunate to have a very commited group of members that "get it done" here at the PGCA but are always looking for more.

Frank Srebro
04-03-2012, 09:28 AM
Ditto that on red heads and CE Foxes. Frank

http://i1044.photobucket.com/albums/b450/silvers897/IMG_3877-1.jpg

Dean Romig
04-03-2012, 06:57 PM
The hardest thing for any collectors group to accomplish it seems is to get members to increase their level of involvement. We are very fortunate to have a very commited group of members that "get it done" here at the PGCA but are always looking for more.

It seems that it is always the dedicated 10% of the membership that does 90% of the hard work. Wish it were otherwise but it will always be so...

Rich Anderson
04-03-2012, 09:01 PM
It just so happens I have my eye on a nice CE Fox 16ga. i will confess she is a beauty and at 6lbs will be a joy to carry in the MI Grouse coverts if thing materialize in the proper manner:whistle:

Dean Romig
04-03-2012, 09:04 PM
Get out the tourniquets and the squeeze ball... Rich is about to finance another gun purchase :corn:

Rich Anderson
04-04-2012, 05:55 PM
I might not have to sell my life sustaining fluids for this one.....but the Southern looms on the horizon and historically that has cost me dearly:eek:

Mills Morrison
04-05-2012, 04:13 PM
I am also in the LC Smith Collectors' Association which I enjoy and recommend to any LC Smith fans out there. PGCA is the best though.

Robert Rambler
04-05-2012, 07:25 PM
I'am a member of all three organizations. If it's got two barrels sxs I'am in!:):cool: