View Full Version : “An English Gunmaking Heritage”

ed good
03-31-2012, 08:45 AM
this wonderful book has just been published. take a look at:

http://www.vintageshotgun.com

Rick Losey
03-31-2012, 01:18 PM
I saw that on another site

unfortunately - it seems to only be available in electronic format, so you would have to print it yourself.

its the way the book world is going - but without me if I can help it

ed good
04-01-2012, 10:20 PM
oh: sign up for the $25 special. if you do not think it is well worth it, then let me know your mailing address and i will send you a refund. ed

CraigThompson
04-02-2012, 07:04 AM
oh: sign up for the $25 special. if you do not think it is well worth it, then let me know your mailing address and i will send you a refund. ed

While I'm sure it's well worth the $25 cost there's alot to be said for the comfort of a book printed on paper and bound by a book binder versus having to print the thing one's self off the internet .

Granted "if" it went to a book binder and they made a run more then likely it would be a thousand copies or less and most likely at a greatly inflated price compared to the $25 for printing it yourself from the net .

ed good
04-02-2012, 07:38 AM
craig: the author is working on getting a paper print copy published at this very moment. he may be taking advanced orders. see his blog for more details.

Robert Delk
04-03-2012, 04:30 PM
I would spend $100, and often do, for a printed book on nice paper before I would spend $25 on an "E" book or dvd.Just much more enjoyable to peruse and looks a lot better on the shelf.

Mark Ouellette
04-03-2012, 04:42 PM
Gentlemen,

The ebook format allows one to write and "publish" a specialized book for a small readership. No, they are not a nice as a big glossy coffee table book.

Please remember that Tony the author of this book has an incurrable illness. All profits from this ebook shall be placed into a trust fund for his children. Tony is a heck of a guy and has always provided accurate informaton concerning British guns over on the doublegunshop.com forum.

Respectfully,
Mark

Robert Delk
04-03-2012, 04:57 PM
That certainly does change my thinking in this case. I will order one as I have long admired this man's work and willingness to share his knowledge.

chris dawe
04-03-2012, 05:00 PM
Exactly right Mark,Tony is fighting very ,very hard and this lovely book is going to help set up a trust for his young kid's...it's very touching when you realize,that his son will be able to look back at this and see his dad restoreing and working on the little Manton 28 bore he bought for him...the whole process will be documented from the auction and buying of the gun,the tear down and the restoration.

I spoke to Tony this morning via e-mail,he was given week's ,week's ago...he has no sign's of slowing down ,his spirit is inspireing to say the least.

ed good
04-03-2012, 07:23 PM
book is being type set as we speak...print publisher has been selected...watch tony's blog for date of publication...

http://www.vintageshotgun.com

chris dawe
04-07-2012, 02:01 PM
Just to let you folk's know,dear Tony passed away this morning....a finer man you could'nt meet.

God speed Tony

Rick Losey
04-07-2012, 02:47 PM
very sorry to hear that, does any one know if someone is going to still distribute the hardcover and handle for his son's trust after thing settle down for the family? It ws supposed to be ready soon.

charlie cleveland
04-07-2012, 06:04 PM
im very sorry...i always feel sadened by a great and good mans passing... charlie