PDA

View Full Version : Forend Iron ?

Thomas L. Benson Sr.
03-22-2012, 03:23 PM
Anyone know what this goes to. Has no ser. no. but has JL on iron on bottom. Thanks Thomas

Thomas L. Benson Sr.
03-22-2012, 03:28 PM
Sorry forgot pictures. Thomas

charlie cleveland
03-22-2012, 09:48 PM
looks to be off maybe a belgin built gun... charlie

Dean Romig
03-22-2012, 09:53 PM
Might be the original forend from Bo-Whoop. When the gun was restocked the ivory forend tip was removed from the original and fitted to the new forend.

Thomas L. Benson Sr.
03-23-2012, 08:48 AM
Dean: I'm going to go with you on this one.I can't believe how lucky I was to find this, just think of the odds. Thomas

Steve Havener
03-24-2012, 10:54 AM
Might be the original forend from Bo-Whoop. When the gun was restocked the ivory forend tip was removed from the original and fitted to the new forend.

That is most definitely not a Fox fore end.

Dean Romig
03-24-2012, 10:57 AM
That is most definitely not a Fox fore end.

Maybe I should have done this ;) in my previous post.

Steve Havener
03-24-2012, 11:23 AM
Maybe I should have done this ;) in my previous post.

Dean knowing you experience level I figured you comments were made tongue in cheek.

I suspect the markings o the metal were not quite complete and should have been JABC (just another Belgian clunker)

Thomas L. Benson Sr.
03-24-2012, 01:33 PM
Steve: How dare you insult this fine forend iron and wood.Thomas

Steve Havener
03-24-2012, 03:43 PM
Steve: How dare you insult this fine forend iron and wood.Thomas

Well let's see first the wood appears to be salvaged from a Flemish fence post, the symmetry appears as if the pattern was laid out by an intoxicated day laborer and finally the checkering looks as if it were cut with a garden rake. Comments?

Thomas L. Benson Sr.
03-24-2012, 04:06 PM
Well let's see first the wood appears to be salvaged from a Flemish fence post, the symmetry appears as if the pattern was laid out by an intoxicated day laborer and finally the checkering looks as if it were cut with a garden rake. Comments?

Steve:As the ever so funny and talented Gilda Radner would say when protraying Emily Litella ( NEVER MIND). Thomas