PDA

View Full Version : Frank Lefever restorations of Parkers

joeyabisa
03-20-2012, 09:56 PM
Hi all,

Does anyone have information on Frank Lefever and of his restorations of Parker guns?

Bill Murphy
03-21-2012, 08:58 AM
They started the restoration of a VH for me in the early seventies. I just finished it up about two or three years ago. I don't know what their case coloring looks like.

joeyabisa
03-21-2012, 09:17 AM
They started the restoration of a VH for me in the early seventies. I just finished it up about two or three years ago. I don't know what their case coloring looks like.

Hi Bill,

Are you pretty happy with their work? I'm interested in finding out because I'm in the process of purchasing a GHE that was fully restored by Lefever.

Bill Murphy
03-21-2012, 12:31 PM
They have done all sorts of work. You have to look at the individual gun.

Destry L. Hoffard
03-23-2012, 01:47 PM
I had a BH grade 12 gauge that they'd installed ejectors on in the early 50's. From the letters I got with the gun, they apparently never worked.

I've seen some guns they'd done that were great, and some that weren't so great. Like Bill said, you've just got to look at the individual piece.

Destry

Jeff Kuss
03-23-2012, 03:25 PM
I believe that Austin mentioned that he had visited them a time or two.

Bill Murphy
03-24-2012, 08:11 AM
I had plenty of work done there in the seventies. Their prices were very attractive. The work they did on my guns was just fine. I have a Lefever sleeved DH ten gauge magnum that is wonderful work. My VH project gun went to Lefever in the early eighties for barrel blue, stock finish, installation of a G&H Silvers type pad, and removal of hammer marks from the floorplate. My error was not requesting for them to reengrave the floorplate which cost me more money later on in the project.

jess leach
04-01-2012, 05:32 PM
I need a little help..I have a Parker Bros SS#53857 Pat March 28 1876.. It has beed in my gus safe for 20 yrears.. The barrels have bend painted Black. My questions is who can tell me if this gun is worth anything? should i get restored or just sell as is for parts??

thanks

calvin humburg
04-01-2012, 07:27 PM
Jess how about some pictures.

ed good
04-01-2012, 10:10 PM
jess: take it to a qualified smith...have him evaluate it. if it can be made presentable, please do not part it out...

if you do not know a qualified gunsmith, let us know where you are and maybe one of us can make a referral.

jess leach
04-02-2012, 03:50 PM
I think i have attached some pictures let me know your thoughts

Mills Morrison
06-21-2012, 04:28 PM
It seems like all of the parts are there. Certainly worth a trip to a qualified gunsmith.

Jeff Kuss
06-21-2012, 07:06 PM
Jess,
What is on the right barrel of your gun at the muzzel? It looks like a collar or a repair of some kind.
Jeff

jess leach
06-21-2012, 07:37 PM
I think it is a repair..

WmRike
07-18-2013, 06:21 PM
Years and years ago I bought a VH that had been redone by LeFever. Still have it. The case colors are pretty flashy and with a lot of purple. The forearm has some serious warp. On another occasion I had them resolder a set of Beretta barrels and they removed a lot more metal than was necessary.

Bill Murphy
07-18-2013, 07:50 PM
You have to examine the individual gun. You don't know who did what or whether it was one of their good jobs or bad jobs until you look at the gun. They did wonderful work for me when I specified exactly what I wanted done. My VH is wonderful. My DH 3 1/2" ten gauge sleeve job is over the top.

wayne goerres
07-18-2013, 09:12 PM
Jeff Thats a really strange repair. Have you checked to see if both barrels are the same gauge. I ask this because it looks like someone cut the right barrel off about an inch behind the muzzle and then removed the right barrel and replaced it with a smaller gauge barrel. They used the short section in front for alinement.

paul stafford jr
07-18-2013, 10:06 PM
jess seems it was grade 2 with 32in barrels. looks like a parts gun now.to bad

Bill Murphy
07-19-2013, 04:00 PM
The original poster has been eliminated from the conversation he started. Try to avoid the impolite hijacking of threads. This one was going somewhere before it was hijacked. Now the original poster is "out of here". Too bad. Thank you.