PDA

View Full Version : Introduction new member

John Pachl
03-18-2012, 02:39 PM
Hello .......My name is John Pachl. I live in eastern Montana and enjoy shooting vintage doubles. My safe has two Parkers, first a GHE 12 ga and a VH 16ga. They have given me plenty of enjoyment. Best regards, John

charlie cleveland
03-18-2012, 04:25 PM
welcome john...thats what them old parlers were made for enjoyment either shooting them or just admiring there workmanship and beauty.... charlie

John Pachl
03-18-2012, 06:08 PM
Thanks Charlie..........I have spent a lifetime admiring the workmanship in Parker Guns. They are a labor of love in combination with the best of American ingenuity.

Dean Romig
03-18-2012, 06:18 PM
Hello John and another "Welcome"!!

What sort of shooting do you do with your Parkers, clays or hunting or both?

John Pachl
03-18-2012, 08:49 PM
My shooting interests consist of both hunting and clays. I have a blk lab and a german shorthaired pointer. I am mostly a shotgun hunter and my Parkers I shoot often. I have other SxS guns. But my Parkers are what I shoot the best. I don't shoot in a league for clays. But I have entered in fun shoots for SxS guns. Also, I have a electric clay target thrower. My wife and I love to target shoot. My wife enjoys bird hunting. We pursue mostly pheasants and hungarian partridge with a few sharptail thrown in. My waterfowling days are a part of the past. I haven't shot ducks and geese for years. The walking pursuit of upland birds keeps me young as I age. The dogs working a scent and the companionship a fine gun is what makes hunting for me.

Dean Romig
03-18-2012, 09:06 PM
Well, you'll fit in real easy with this crowd - you just described a lot of us.

John Pachl
03-18-2012, 09:28 PM
Thanks. I feel right at home.

calvin humburg
03-19-2012, 09:38 PM
Whats the story on the Cubs? Welcome.

John Pachl
03-21-2012, 01:48 PM
The blue Cub is mine. It is a PA-12 150 hp. The others are PA-18 Super Cubs. We were out flying in the winter on skis and stopped to have some hot chocolate with a little BS. I love to fly. Flying has been a large part of my adult life. My wife loves to fly also but she is not a pilot. She grew up on a ranch in eastern montana. Her father was a pilot. That is how we met. She liked the airplane first.