PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Edgar Spencer

Bill Murphy
03-12-2012, 05:59 PM
Edgar, I got the ammunition today. I explained the transaction on the "Sauer Drilling" thread. I am so impressed with the ammunition. It fits in the gun, is just wonderful as far as condition, headstamps and other features. Thank you so much for your generous gift. My gun is a wonderful piece of work and now I have some ammunition to display with it. Thanks again.

Dean Romig
03-12-2012, 09:28 PM
What a coincidence!! I can say almost the exact same words of thanks to Edgar for the gift of ammunition for my "new" little Winchester Model 90. I received the ammunition today and I'm delighted with it - what a generous gift! I can't wait until I can get my grandkids out to shoot it at the range with ol' Grampy.

edgarspencer
03-13-2012, 01:05 AM
Many will remember Jim Tillinghast, The source for the rare and unusual ammo. He was kind enough to give me a small quantity of the drilling ammo too many years ago to mention. That was the drilling the bank robber stole, back in the early 70s; a dreileufer Sauer sidelock.
Anyone who clearly likes his 90 as much as you, Dean, should have some vintage a new ammo to go with it.
While I will freely admit to having never fired a shot from some of the guns I've been fortunate to own, I always made it a point to have some ammo on hand. It just seems to stay behind when a gun 'goes down the road' and I'm delighted to give it to guys who appreciate it as much I did. It's the least I can do for a couple guys who freely pass on as much valuable information as the two of you do.

George Blair
03-13-2012, 08:35 AM
Kinda makes you feel good! Good people being nice to each other and helping when they can. George

Dave Suponski
03-13-2012, 09:20 AM
Yup, For the most part we have an amazing bunch of folks here.....:bowdown:

Bill Murphy
03-13-2012, 11:18 AM
Edgar, I have never been an ammunition collector, but I still have Tillinghast catalogs in my files somewhere. He contacted me when I advertised some high value eight gauge full boxes for sale in a gun publication.