PDA

View Full Version : Reproduction Parker Barrels

Gary Nokes
03-07-2012, 04:19 PM
Hello!

I am old PGCA member, but new to this forum thing... This is my first post and I was wondering if anyone out there knows of someone manufacturing reproduction steel Parker barrels. Tony Galazan makes them for small frame guns, but I am looking for a set of 12 gauge 28" skeet barrels with a raised rib for a 2 frame DH. I am also looking for 1 frame steel barrels. Thank you for your help.

Gary

Bill Murphy
03-08-2012, 02:08 PM
What kind of "raised rib"? Ventilated? Tony isn't making any #1 or #2 frame barrels right now as far as I know. I don't know of anyone else making them either. The Simmons project has been abandoned, I think.

Dave Suponski
03-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Bill, Last I heard Brad Bachelder had taken up the project from Simmons. But as far as progress I have no idea. Maybe Brad will chime in here.

Bill Murphy
03-08-2012, 04:28 PM
Brad is a hero if he can "take over". However, I have the impression that Brad is doing catch up and repair work on the barrels that Simmons couldn't finish properly. I doubt that Brad is taking on new projects in barrel fabrication. If his is, he will have enough work to last him a lifetime, if he remains sane.

Gary Nokes
03-08-2012, 04:42 PM
Guys:

Thank you for the input. By "raised-rib," I did mean "Ventilated Rib." I do have a set of Italian-made barrels, they are serviceable, but not actually the right shape. How can I get in touch with this Brad fellow?

Gary

Robin Lewis
03-08-2012, 05:37 PM
www.bacheldermastergunmakers.com
(616) 459-3636