PDA

View Full Version : South Texas Ranch Road

william faulk
03-07-2012, 02:34 PM
Not pretty but it is home and good hunting.
Thought some of you would like to see where we
hunt down here...Bill:corn:

Bob Jurewicz
03-07-2012, 05:10 PM
Looks Great!!!!!!
Bob Jurewicz

Dennis V. Nix
03-07-2012, 06:41 PM
I don't see any problem my Dodge Diesel can't handle.

Dennis

charlie cleveland
03-07-2012, 07:56 PM
bill that looks like a quail s heaven...what all kind of critters do you hunt there....looks like good rattler contry too.... i seen some big old bucks when i was stationed at FORT HOOD in 1968.... thanks for the photo.... charlie

william faulk
03-07-2012, 09:05 PM
Charlie,
Quail were scarce this year due to the draught all of Texas had.Very few young birds.Birds down here are wild as they get,rather run than fly.
Like to hide in places you won't send your dog.
Deer are not as big as in Mississippi or in the East but have large antlers because of all the minerals in the soil.
Shot two big Bob cats this year,they and the coyotes and hawks take most of the hatches.
Lots of feral hogs,some crossed with the big black boars from the game ranches.We trap them as well as shoot them all year.Big pigs are too tough to eat but the ones under 50 pounds roast up real nice.
Rattlers are a problem in the hot weather...We kill everyone we see,have no use for any snake.
Most deer hunting from stilt blinds..I shoot these and some hogs with an old Winchester M-70 IN 270 Winchester caliber.Knocks em dead..
Hard hunting but very peacefull way out in noplace..Bill :bigbye::bigbye:

Dean Romig
03-07-2012, 09:17 PM
Compliments on your choice of the .270 WIN - it's tough to beat a .270 on most North American big game. I know others will argue but except for the Alaska Brown Bear I'd pit a well placed .270 against any other caliber on any other game on this continent. Sure, some deliver more wallop but a well placed .270 will bring home the game.