PDA

View Full Version : new to Parkers help

ken brown
02-22-2012, 08:07 PM
hello everyone, I'm new to Thomas Parkers, a guy gave me this Thomas Parker double barrel shotgun with a serial #7855, Fine laminated barrels, Says "The Field" on it, I think barrel weight is 18.2, maybe 10 ga notsure, a number of C7 or O7 and maybe a V or A, cant figure out how to split gun apart yet. Another guy told me it was junk and worth nothing, some help would be nice, thanks. I live in northern Ohio, so the guy can be for sell to if its worth anything to anyone, Thanks again for any help:bowdown:

Dean Romig
02-22-2012, 09:53 PM
Sorry - it is not a Parker Bros. shotgun (which are the guns we here on this website are interested in) and probably holds little interest to anyone who frequents this site.
It is probably a European gun manufactured with a "Parker" name and shipped to America with the intent to dupe the less educated into believing they were buying a well-made high quality Parker Bros. shotgun.

ken brown
02-22-2012, 11:06 PM
thanks, how would you tell if its a real Parker and not some knock off

David Holes
02-22-2012, 11:16 PM
Go to all albums and you can find the difference. Happy hunting.

Brian Dudley
02-23-2012, 10:03 AM
Well, to start, any Belgian made "Parker" knockoff will be a hammer gun. There are many distinguishing features that tell them apart from the Parker Brothers shotgun made in USA. But, to make it simple... if it is doesn't have "Parker Bros." marked on the locks and if it says Belgium on the barrels, then it is a knock off.

Donald L.Bloomquist Sr
02-23-2012, 11:12 PM
I have a Parker Trojan 30'' full on full that was manufacturered in 1913 Serial Number167142. The shotgun was won by Frank Wright in Vandalia, Ohio in or around 1920. Frank Wright won the 1920 Olymipic gold metal in a trap shoot in Antwerp, Belguin in 1920. We are attempting to find out if he used this Parker Shot Gun to win this honor. Any information concerning this gun or Frank Wright would be welcome. The gun is tight with great shiny bores---the bluing on the barrel is all but gone.