PDA

View Full Version : SBT Stock?

John Dallas
02-20-2012, 04:41 PM
Ths stock is being advertised on Trapshooters.com:

http://www.trapshooters.com/noframes/cfpages/sthread.cfm?threadid=279962&Messages=3

Chuck Bishop
02-21-2012, 08:09 AM
According to the seller the S/N is 228771. I've been searching for 228811 so I asked him for the S/N since his picture was blurry.

He has it listed as an A grade stock but to my eyes, it's clearly a SC stock because of the checkering and also it sure looks like a 4 stamped under the S/N. The Serialization Book does list it as a SA grade gun with capped stock and 34" barrels. There appears to be a large R stamped in the channel and maybe some other stampings. That would be one great SBT to own!

The seller asked me to call him which I will, but I wanted to get other comments in case I was incorrect.

Thanks,

Chuck

John Dallas
02-21-2012, 06:26 PM
stock has been sold, Who got it? Looking at the picture, the inletting looks asymmetrical. What's up with that?

Chuck Bishop
02-21-2012, 07:57 PM
John,

I talked to the seller today but I don't know who bought it. I haven't looked at the head of my SBT for a long time but I think the inletting is correct. Remember that SBT's had an offset single hammer that has to angle over to come out the middle of the breach face.

What I don't understand is that the S/N is for a SA gun but the stock is for a SC grade gun. Either the Serialization Book is wrong or possibly the gun was returned to Remington for a restock which is possibly what the capitol R stands for but why would they put a C grade stock on a A grade gun?