PDA

View Full Version : Stuck Safety

Sam Casey
02-16-2012, 12:39 PM
I picked up a nice 20ga recently. ST, PG, SFE that by chance my Kreighoff 16ga barrels snap right on. Gun is/was unused & unfired. Have shot it and everything works as it should, except BARREL SELECTOR is stuck in forward (right barrel first) position. Am tempted to give it a squirt of Kroil, but have in my mind that I read somewhere that for some reason I should not "oil" a ST. Would rather not have smith tear gun down as it seems that screws are never tight and correct after. Any advise welcome. If it must go to smith, can anyone recommend a good one in MI?

Kenny Graft
02-16-2012, 09:03 PM
Push forward on the front trigger and then slide safty back...one of mine the trigger hangs up and blocks the safty from going to safe position, it may have a weak trigger return spring.....some day Ill take the stock off mine and fix it.....thanks all SXS ohio....(-:

Sam Casey
02-16-2012, 09:49 PM
I am sorry for my poorly worded message. It is the barrel selector that is stuck in forward position, not safety.

Joe Bernfeld
02-17-2012, 10:29 AM
This gun needs to be dissassembled, cleaned and lubed. The factory grease congeals and makes things sticky. I did it to my 20 ga. Repro after I bought it, which had a balky sear due to old grease, and to not having been fired for 20 years. There is no reason for the screws not to be tight and correct after a cleaning and reassembly. Can't recommend a gunsmith for this, since as I said, I clean my own.

John Dallas
02-17-2012, 10:46 AM
If you're in Michigan, I think the gunsmith question is easy - Brad Batchelder in Grand Rapids:

http://bacheldermastergunmakers.com

Paul Ehlers
02-17-2012, 10:12 PM
+1 on Brad Bachelder

Gerry Addison
02-18-2012, 10:36 AM
2+ pm Bachelder