PDA

View Full Version : HERE FOM MERIDEN,CT !!!!!!

james meyer
02-02-2012, 12:31 AM
hey everybody im new here and happen to be from meriden,ct the home of the parker gun we all know and love. i got my first one a few weeks ago down at the stamford ct show and the local parker club members checked it out for me to make sure i wasnt buying a junk gun and i would like to thank them! what i bought was a really nice condition 1915 parker trojan the guys measured the bores, ring tested it and checked the #'s for me and the said it was in great condition. i have since found a few other parkers around in various conditions and i will probably pick up a damascus one next!

my dad also has 2 of these as well his are of a better grade than mine with some engraving on them. im still learning otherwise i would know more about them.

ps how come i cant look at the ads for sale and wanted ads? my dad needs the part that goes at the end of the stock its cracked on one of his guns.

Russ Jackson
02-02-2012, 12:40 AM
Hello James and Welcome aboard ,You will surely enjoy your new Parker and I am sure you will enjoy our site ! The reason you can't see the " For Sale " section is ,it is open to PGCA members only ! We would all like to extend an Open Invitation to join the PGCA , it will be the best $40.00 you will ever spend ! Best ; Russ

Dean Romig
02-02-2012, 05:55 AM
Hi James, It's good to see that you found our website. I was one of the guys who helped you with your purchase of the Trojan and we all were very glad to help you.
Until you get to know more about old SXS sgotguns I would recommend that you go slowly and before buying another ask questions here and we'll give you the best advice we can. Pictures are always the best way to determine a gun's condition so please take several high-quality pics of guns you are considering.

I agree with Russ - it will be the best $40 you spend this year.

Dean

Dave Suponski
02-02-2012, 07:16 AM
Hey James! Welcome to the PGCA website! This is Dave another one of the guys that helped you out in Stamford. Dean gives good advice..go slow and we we will all be glad to help you out as much as we can. There is a lot of knowledgeable guys here and some fun to be had also.
Think about joining the PGCA as its a great value for the $.

Oh by the way you will be mentioned in the next issue of Parker Pages in the article about the Stamford Show....:)

Stick around we are glad to have ya...