PDA

View Full Version : VHE live bird 28 ga. VR

donald bullock
01-31-2012, 11:02 AM
i'm a new member, iposted this thread a few days ago but for some reason it has disappeared.
i'd like any information any member can give me on this gun.
i've checked the records from the parker books, including the serialization records and found the gun to be as it was when it left the factory.
the gun is a VHE 28 ga. 26'' barrels, single trigger, ejectors,raised vent rib, straight stock, beavertail forearm. iwas at the antique arms show in vegas last week and a lot of the parker guys there thought the gun to be between 60 and 70% depending on who you talk to, everybody understands how that goes. there are probably as many differnt opinions as there are "experts".
anyway i'm not a parker guy {l.c.smith} i have no particular interest in keeping the gun. i found it in a small gun shop in arizona and recognized it as being something special.i bought it on the spot.
from the caliber of the people interested in the gun in vegas i thought i should do some more research before i sell the gun.
is this afairly rare gun or what? anything you guys can tell me will be greatly appreciated.

George Lander
02-07-2012, 12:07 AM
Donald, what you describe could be a very rare Parker, particularly if all original in the condition that you describe and with the extras that you describe if they are original to the gun. You definitely should order a research letter from PGCA ($60 for a non-member & $40 for a member & for another $40 you should join) If you give us the serial number we can tell you a lot more. Some pictures posted here will also help a lot. Your gun should easily be in the $10,000+ range.

Best Regards, George

Dean Romig
02-07-2012, 05:45 AM
Mr. Bullock's posts keep bobbing to the surface here but he never responds to any of the member's responses, never posts pictures of this Parker, and never indicates he has sent for a letter. I wonder why?

George Lander
02-07-2012, 10:32 AM
Dean: You're right. We haven't seen any pictures as of yet but he did post on the "For Sale" forum that he has sent for a letter. It looks like he's posted it on three forums here.

Best Regards, George

Eric Eis
02-07-2012, 05:35 PM
Can anyone say "Troll"........

Bill Davis
02-07-2012, 07:30 PM
I examined this gun in Vegas. It's unusual but it's fairly,low condition and shows hard use. I was told that an offer of 22K was made for the gun and rejected. I walked away thinking both the potential buyer and the seller both made a mistake!

Dean Romig
02-07-2012, 09:13 PM
:dh:

donald bullock
02-08-2012, 10:41 AM
you guys are a tough bunch! in responce to your comments, roomers from vegas are rampant, the gun is not for sale yet, i have joined your group, i have sent for a letter, i bought the "parker story" both volumes, and i have a copy of the records and serialization. the gun is totally original, i am waiting for the paperwork to confirm all this. i intend to get as many opinions from people that know more than i about the authenticy of the gun.
i am not "trolling", i'm only trying to learn. i'm new to your group and this website. i'll get pictures on as soon as i can. thank you all for your comments.
don

Dean Romig
02-08-2012, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the explanation Donald. It makes us a lot more comfortable with all the posts about this gun.

Dean

donald bullock
02-15-2012, 04:29 PM
photos of this gun are on all albums. i also have the 1937 catalogue, and a letter to the buyer from the manager of arms sales for parker dated aug. 1937.

George Lander
02-15-2012, 04:49 PM
Donald: It sound as if you have a very interesting and valuable Parker. Pictures would help establish value.

Best Regards, George

Dean Romig
02-15-2012, 08:51 PM
The gun looks completely "right" for a Remington era Parker.

Bill Murphy
02-16-2012, 07:18 PM
I would like to see a scan of the Parker correspondence. I would also like to hear where this gun will be offered for sale next. Wonderful gun

donald bullock
02-17-2012, 10:43 AM
Bill:
thanks for your interest.
i have 2 tables at the tulsa show the 31st mar & 1st apr. i will have the gun there at that time, along with all the information and documentation.
if you want to send me a personal e-mail i will be happy to give you my phone no. and fax you a copy of the letter. i can also send you a copy of the factory letter that the parker records people sent me.
don