PDA

View Full Version : New user looking for some help

Bob Snaden
01-18-2012, 10:18 AM
Hello All,
I am new and joined in an effort to help my Mother in Law. She has a Parker that belonged to her Father and is interested to learn more about the gun. She had ordered your report via mail and here is what I know from reading your site. The Shotgun is:
Mod GH(E)
Damascus bbl 30" long
Grade #2
SN 67621 both on the watertable and trigger guard
Engraved wit ducks on one side pheasants on the other
I have attached some photos that are not the best, sorry about that.
Any info you can provide as to rearity, value, usability etc. would be most appriciated.
Thanks

Dean Romig
01-18-2012, 10:30 PM
Hi Bob,

That Parker has seen a lot of hard use and not a lot of care.
We strongly recommend that you have an expert measure the barrel wall thickness and the overall condition of the gun to ensure it is safe to shoot.

calvin humburg
01-19-2012, 05:05 AM
What guage is? Is there a 1 stamped on the barrel lug? I don't know but they must of took a little care, the reciever is not rusted. Is the extractor 1 piece or 2. Are the barrels pitted bad? Somebody shot it a lot to wear that buttplate. I like the ol gun bet he put a lot of meals on the table. To him it was just a fine tool to feed his family. Speculation on my part of course.

Bob Snaden
01-19-2012, 06:57 AM
This is a 12 ga and the extractor is 2 piece. The last time I tried to remove the barrels I could not get them off so I'm not sure of the stamp on the lug at this point. I'll try that one again. Overall the barrels apear in good shape with only very minor pitting on the outside. My mother-in-law says as long as she can remember this gun stood in the corner of her fathers room and being a farmer I've no doubt the gun was well used.
We do plan on have a good gunsmith inspect the gum.

George Lander
01-19-2012, 05:19 PM
Hello Bob: SN 67621 is not in "THE BOOK" but your Grandfather's gun was made in 1891 and is somewhat rare with automatic ejectors. I would suggest ordering a research letter from Mark Conrad which should give you some more information. In any event please keep the gun in the family to preserve it's history.

Best Regards, George

Gary Carmichael Sr
01-21-2012, 05:01 AM
Bob, This gun speaks volumes just by looking at it. Imagine a cold morning and your grandfather hunting with this old girl, and maybe just maybe that dent in the barrel was from the fence post as he was crossing over to the other side and maybe that mark in the stock came about as he was sitting down at his favorite spot and it was laid on an unseen rock. Think about this every time you pick her up and she will talk to you!