PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone, New Member Looking for my First Parker

LawsonKline
01-16-2012, 09:42 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am looking to buy my first Parker and would love to get some buying advice. I am pretty set on a hammer model and would love to find one with Damascus barrels. I found a few Parkers that I like, but I am still learning about these guns and don't want to make a novice mistake. I would like to make sure the numbers match the gun specs so I have been thinking of buying a Parker Gun Identification & Serialization book but until I do, maybe someone on the forum could run a few numbers for me. If so, I would greatly appreciate your time and help.

My email address is LKline81@gmail.com

Thanks ahead of time.

Lawson

Russ Jackson
01-17-2012, 12:21 PM
Hello Lawson ,and welcome aboard ,I am sure you will enjoy the ride ,there are many qualified Folks in the PGCA and on the Forum ,and all are always happy to help out ! The serialization book is a must for a Parker Buyer also The Parker Story is a wonderful addition to any ones library that is interested in The Parker gun ! If you post the Serial Numbers you are interested in ,In a short while some one will respond to your inquiry ! Best ; Russ

George Lander
01-17-2012, 02:15 PM
Hello Lawson and WELCOME to the PGCA. As Russ said give us some SNs and we will do our best to help.

Best Regards, George

LawsonKline
01-17-2012, 02:20 PM
Hi Russ & George,

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi..

I am interested in quite a few guns but three that come to mind have these serial numbers.

If someone wants to look these up in the book for me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Lawson

George Lander
01-17-2012, 02:41 PM
No. 3357 is an early Damascus barrel underlever gun of indeterminate grade. 10 gauge with 30 inch barrels. No extras. Made in 1874.
No. 48675 is a P Grade 12 gauge toplever gun with plain twist 30 inch barrels. No extras & capped pistolgrip stock.
No. 66175 is the same but 12 gauge with 28 inch barrels and a capped pistolgrip stock.

Hope this helps, Best Regards, George

LawsonKline
01-17-2012, 03:01 PM
Wow. Thanks for the quick reply and all the info.. What would 66175 be worth in OK condition? You know, a gun that looks like it was used but not really abused with decent wood and a few small dings in the barrel?

Also since I am on a pretty limited budget, Should I be on the lookout for a top lever or a lifter model?

Thanks,
Lawson

Chuck Bishop
01-17-2012, 05:55 PM
Your main concern should be the condition of the barrels. Without good condition barrels (sufficient wall thickness, ribs on tight, dents, bulges, heavy pitting, cut barrels) the gun will just be a parts gun or a wall hanger. Most other things can be fixed unless the wood and metal are really in bad shape. Top lever or underlifter are both neat. The underlever is certainly different and cool IMOP.

Gary Carmichael Sr
01-18-2012, 07:54 AM
Welcome to the forum, Lifters rule!

Monte Johnson
02-26-2012, 11:39 AM
affternoon Lawson, I have a Parker with Serial # 5610. I have no need for it and am trying to sell it to someone who will appreciate it . It has Damascus barrels and Hammers. It does need some work. Are you looking for a fixer upper?

Monte Johnson

Robin Lewis
02-26-2012, 02:17 PM
Monte,

The sale of guns on this site is reserved for PGCA members only.

Your membership to the PGCA would be welcome and would provide you with the opportunity to sell here as well as receiving Parker Pages. You can join by using the Membership link on the left side of the main page at www.parkerguns.org. It is quick and easy.