PDA

View Full Version : Miller triggers

William Stevenson
01-14-2012, 04:52 PM
Does anyone have experience with the Miller single trigger conversion? My Steel Shot Special still refuses the second shot just often enough to make me lose confidence in the gun. Several Parker "experts" have worked on the original single selective trigger for me but the problem still exists. I've seen the ads for the Miller conversion and wondered if it would solve my problem. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I duck hunt with this gun and have Briley chokes installed so I'm not worried about originality, just function. Thanks, Bill Stevenson

Bill Murphy
01-14-2012, 07:07 PM
I would go for Keith Kearcher's double trigger conversion before I would install a Miller. That said, I would love to have a Miller trigger Repro.

William Stevenson
01-14-2012, 07:50 PM
Bill, I have 5 repros, 410 thru 12 ga, all have single triggers. I'm afraid I couldn't adapt to one double trigger gun. I hunt with all of them and probably couldn't think fast enough to remember which one I had in hand. So I'm sort of stuck with single triggers. Are Miller triggers more trouble free than the SST on repros? What have you heard about them, I don't know anything about Millers. Thanks, Bill S.

Greg Baehman
01-14-2012, 09:33 PM
Here's a link to a recent thread on Miller single triggers:
http://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5960

Bill Murphy
01-15-2012, 09:30 AM
I would not give up on your original Repro trigger. Maybe Dan May can offer you help. Dewey Vicknair is also a good choice.

Dave Suponski
01-15-2012, 03:01 PM
I was having trouble with the single trigger in my Repro 28 and Abe Chaber in Dandury,CT made it right.

William Stevenson
01-15-2012, 08:17 PM
I found a gunsmith near here who says he can solve the problem with my trigger, I'll let everyone know how it works out. Bill

Gerry Addison
01-15-2012, 10:23 PM
I have a friend that had his repro converted to a Miller trigger and it works beautifully. This was some years ago and I believe the father did the conversion.

Justin Julian
01-18-2012, 12:32 PM
I have a 1920s DHE with the modern version of the Miller SST and it works flawlessly. The only downside to the Miller SST that I can see is the high price of a new one; about $1,600 according to Miller's website.

Matt Buckley
02-17-2012, 09:18 AM
I have a 1930's VH 16 ga with a Miller Single Trigger, non selective that work great for me. Miller has a good reputation and are a stable company that will be around to stand behind there work.

Eric Eis
02-17-2012, 09:43 AM
I found a gunsmith near here who says he can solve the problem with my trigger, I'll let everyone know how it works out. Bill

Bill be carefull about "smiths" that they can solve the problem. Unless they have a reputation for fixing single triggers like some of the above or all they do are single triggers be very carefull because they can make the problem even worst, trust me I've been there...:banghead: