PDA

View Full Version : Looking For My Dream Gun

Gary Laudermilch
12-22-2011, 12:04 PM
I have a 20, pistol grip, double trigger, splinter, 26 that is my absolute favorite grouse/woodcock gun. I would never part with it. I kid my son about putting it in the box with me when the time comes.

However, I would like to locate a 20 with 28 inch barrels and beavertail, dt, pg, nice wood and in good condition. I passed on one because of price a year ago or so and have regretted it ever since. Single 28 inch barrel guns are hard to find. I would consider a 2 barrel set. So, if any of you guys have any leads that you care to pass along, I would appreciate it. From reading this forum on a fairly frequent basis it is obvious that you all watch the marketplace much more than I. I can only stand cruising the lists for so long and then I have to go talk to my setters.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ray Alvey
12-22-2011, 01:17 PM
Which brings up the question: What would an extra set of barrels be worth on the secondary maket (12ga / 20ga / 28ga)......and considering they would be mis-matched what would altering the chokes do to the value of the barrels?

charlie cleveland
12-22-2011, 03:42 PM
my dream gun would be a 8 ga parker hammerless gun with 40 inch barrels but would settle for a 10 ga with 40 inch barrels... charlie

Dean Romig
12-22-2011, 08:17 PM
Gary, are you interested in an original Parker or a Parker Repro?

calvin humburg
12-23-2011, 06:24 AM
Boy, if we start talking dream guns the ones we dream up could put a dent in the nat. dept :rotf:

Gary Laudermilch
12-23-2011, 09:19 AM
I'm looking for a repro. Maybe somewhere down the line I may change my mind and relax my criteria but for now I will hold out for my ideal.

Bill Murphy
12-23-2011, 09:25 AM
Charlie, just such a gun as your dream gun won the PGCA Best Parker in Show at the Gold Medal Concours a few years ago. At some time after that, I believe Jack Puglisi offered it for sale at a mystery price. It was in unfired condition, a DH Grade as I recall.

charlie cleveland
12-23-2011, 09:47 AM
sure woulda like to have seen even better to have held that gun thanks bill now i do know my dream gun is out there all i gotta do is find it..... charlie

Bill Murphy
12-24-2011, 03:15 PM
Charlie, like many other great Parkers, including two of the Invincibles, that unfired 40" DH spent a good part of its life just a few miles from my house in the hands of people I slightly knew or knew quite well. Keep your eyes open. That gun may come on the market again soon, who knows.

Gary Carmichael Sr
12-25-2011, 02:45 PM
Charlie, Daryl Middlebrook displayed a 8ga GH with 40-1/2 " barrels at the Southern last year, and I might add quite a gun. I think it was bought at auction, so like Bill says they are few and far between but out there!

Eric Grims
12-28-2011, 04:18 PM
I fully accept the fact I could be labeled "no fun" but I would like one of those new old stock in the box 16 gauge Trojans as my dream gun.

billie bryant
01-08-2012, 03:40 AM
Charlie, just such a gun as your dream gun won the PGCA Best Parker in Show at the Gold Medal Concours a few years ago. At some time after that, I believe Jack Puglisi offered it for sale at a mystery price. It was in unfired condition, a DH Grade as I recall.

bill he did as i talked to johnny & he sold it for a six figure price? billie

Jim DiSpagno
01-27-2012, 12:15 AM
Gary, check Guns America, one came on tonight only it has a splinter fore end All other criteria is what you asked for. Pricey but a never fired or assembled gun according to description. I have no vested interest in this gun. Just passing along the info. Regards, Jim

Gary Laudermilch
01-27-2012, 08:36 AM
Jim,
Thanks for the tip but earlier a forum member put me on a gun that was exactly what I was looking for and then some. And, at a very good price. I cannot wait for the weather to warm up some so I can get it on the sporting clays range. We shot last weekend in 2 degree weather - a bit brutal.

Thanks to all

Gary

Bill Murphy
01-27-2012, 08:59 AM
Billie, I don't believe Jack ever advertised the price on his website. I figured it was in six figures. The gun came from a local collection here. Jack sold many guns from the same collection.