PDA

View Full Version : Project GHE- possible Christian Fischer ejectors

Francis Morin
05-24-2009, 11:16 PM
I have a "Parker Project" gun in the offing. I bought a GH 12 ga. No. 2 frame receiver sn. 115346 recently, complete with all parts and matching by sn. forearm- DT and with ejectors. My gunsmith (A PGCA Member) researched it, believes the ejectors were a later re-fit, and of a patent design Nov. 7th, 1899 by a Christian A. Fischer of Grand Forks ND.

My gunsmith feels that the gun was originally a GH non-ejector, he has a later (1920 era) pair of VHE 30" Mod and Full No. 2 frame barrels that fit my receiver and forearm iron.

I am in need of a usable buttstock to fit this receiver, would prefer a pg and with DHBP or period pad and uncut if at all possible. I shoot guns with fairly straight stock dims. No cast required, and I am right handed and have a right dominant eye. An aprox. 14.25" LOP from the front trigger to center of butt fits me just right-

Stock can be from any 12 grade- VH, PH or GH- and if repaired or refinished please advise. A stock shield is nice but not important, this is a "working gun", but the possible history of thr Fischer ejectors may also be of interest. Thanks..

hugh rather
05-24-2009, 11:37 PM
Check Galazan [He recently had several]Also check Ebay.

Francis Morin
05-24-2009, 11:49 PM
Thanks- I went to Conn. Shotgun (Galazans) found Parker barrels and stock refinishing items but no used Parker stocks- is there a section at Galazans that shows them? If so, would you please advise best way to contact them. Thanks. And re: E-Bay. I was told E-Bay is anti-gun in nature and does not allow gun parts to be sold therein. Is this true?:)

Bruce Day
05-25-2009, 08:20 AM
Thanks- I went to Conn. Shotgun (Galazans) found Parker barrels and stock refinishing items but no used Parker stocks- is there a section at Galazans that shows them?

Ans: See their Novelty stocks and forends section. They have four now.

I was told E-Bay is anti-gun in nature and does not allow gun parts to be sold therein. Is this true?:)

Ans: Ebay has 6500 gun parts for sale presently including many Parker gunstocks and forends that look like they might work for you.

Francis Morin
05-25-2009, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the leads. I'll keep the PGCA posted as this gun project develops- I like 30" tight choked 12 gauge ejector doubles-I'm a confirmed pigeon shooter-also waterfowler and fezzant-so 12's are my preferred gauge.

hugh rather
05-25-2009, 05:19 PM
You may have to contact Galazan,I think I saw the stocks on his E-bay store.

Dave Suponski
05-25-2009, 07:57 PM
Francis good luck on your project gun.As has already been stated check E-Bay under Parker.Tony has several stocks listed. And welcome back......

Francis Morin
05-25-2009, 08:12 PM
Thank you Dave-I like the new format, kudoes to all who brought it about. I did re-enter Tony's website and looked in the "Novelty" section, and did find, so far, one possible Parker stock.

Off topic, but I was a bit amazed at the number of Model 21 buttstocks listed, and at what I consider to be "low-end" prices when weighed against the going price for almost any M21 today.

Tony has a grade 7 (AAH?) buttstock at $550.00, my "project Parker" is a grade 2 (GH) so putting that stock on my gun might be a bit like putting the front on the Alpha Romeo- shown on page 107 of Spring Issue- DGJ- on a VW Beetle. I have never dealt with Tony, I can understand why perhaps he has the "as is" policy, but I have $550 in the GHE right now- receiver, forearm and barrels, and wonder about spending the same amount for a way higher graded buttstock, and no being able to return it for refund if it doesn't fit, or can't be made to fit without re-inventing the proverbial wheel.

My gunsmith may have a 12 gauge Repro stock from a UPS damage claim, not sure if it is a 1 &1/2 or a 2 size frame stock at the head- or if there is really much difference.

I would never try to pass off this "project Parker" as the real deal, and no one who knows them would accept that sham, I just want a ejector 12 "using gun" and the fact that it is an "Old Reliable" is my good fortune.

As this progresses, I will be glad to share the patent letters on the after-factory ejectors, and possibly before and after fotos.

Francis Morin
05-28-2009, 08:19 PM
Thanks to all for the suggestions to date. I have never dealt with Galazan, but I thought crossed my mind. I can ask my gunsmith who will be assemblying this "project Parker gun" to check with them- The ad states a 14.5" LOP-

PS- June 8th- My gunsmith found a used 12 Parker pg buttstock-saw it Friday-looks like anear perfect fit- good dims, so I am all set- maybe will have it assembled by late summer, I never ever try to rush a craftsman-and Brad Bachelder (a PGCA member) is that, in spades!!