PDA

View Full Version : .410 Repro barrels recieved

Pat Dugan
12-19-2011, 07:28 PM
Today I recieved the .410 Repro barrels from CSC. they almost.fit, dollshead fit but lever way to the right. the appearence is 10, every thing looks correct. I sent to Bill Schwarz so willwait for him to fit and test.....investigation continues...$1800 better than $9000

PDD

Greg Baehman
12-19-2011, 07:53 PM
We assume you're talking about the 28" .410 barrel sets to go on 00-frame 28-ga. Repros. If so, congratulations, as it's been quite the wait, eh?
How does your existing gun's forend fit with the .410 barrels aboard, is there a noticeable gap between the forend wood and the barrels themselves? What's the difference in weight between the .410 and 28-ga. barrels? Does the rib matting and barrel band of engraving at the breech end match your 28-ga. barrels?

Pat Dugan
12-19-2011, 08:19 PM
I have sent them off, the top rib looks great, my only concern is if the forend will fit snug after fittin or will i have to fit a little duck tape shem on the under side of the barrels as i had to due with some 28 ga barrels on a 686 Beretta to make them snug. my opinion any add on will not be factory perfect like a Purdy

Pat Dugan
12-29-2011, 11:16 PM
Parker repro .410 Barells by CSC will be in my office again tomorrow after being fitted, Gunsmith Schwarz said he can not believe the quality, will give complete details after delivery.

PDD

Dave Suponski
12-30-2011, 08:33 AM
Pat, Post up some pictures if you get a chance. I am sure we would like to see them.

Pat Dugan
12-30-2011, 08:42 PM
Priority mail said Friday from USPS, no show, no wonder the gov is loosing business to UPS, at least if the tracking shows delivery is on the way it is delivered

PDD

Chuck Heald
01-02-2012, 10:11 AM
PPD,
Congratulations! I'm waiting for the 410 barrels too. It'll save me 7-8 thousand if they come soon, just in gun acquistion costs while waiting.

Pat Dugan
01-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Barrels came back after being fitted, they fit just like factory built, the rib is wide like the 28 ga barrels and it almost balances on the hinge pin. I wish I could take better pictures, but even the most ticky Parker collector would want to have these. I am well satisfied

PDD

Chuck Heald
01-03-2012, 05:50 PM
PDD,
Great! I'm itching for mine. I hunt more with .410s than my other gauge guns combined. My plan is to have my vintage Parker extra ejector forend iron fitted and a small BTFE made.

When you said "... almost balances on the hinge pin." was it forward slightly or aft? And can you give a weight on the .410 barrels?

Greg Baehman
01-03-2012, 06:33 PM
How's the fit around the forend? Can you post pics of that as well as views looking at the muzzles and bottom rib?

TIA,

Dave Suponski
01-03-2012, 07:34 PM
Frank, Thank You for posting the pictures. I would be pretty happy also...

Pat Dugan
01-03-2012, 08:29 PM
I will post more tomorrow, gun at office

Dean Romig
01-03-2012, 10:07 PM
I've gotta say I'm pretty impressed.

Please let us know how the POI on each tube compares with your expectations.

Chuck Heald
01-04-2012, 01:04 AM
Forend gap? c'mon guys, the forend to barrel gap has to either get larger or the barrels are so thick walled with a .410 internal and the same as the 28g outside. That would be rediculous. Why is this even a question? It's gonna be .550 minus .410, divided by 2 difference.

Joe Bernfeld
01-04-2012, 10:08 AM
Agreed, but I'd still like to see a pic. I was interested in a set, years ago when CSM advertised them, but refrained when I couldn't get them to send pics. Lots of $ for a possible unsightly gap between the bbls and forend. I will say that they look nice in the pics Pat posted though.

Greg Baehman
01-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Forend gap? c'mon guys, the forend to barrel gap has to either get larger or the barrels are so thick walled with a .410 internal and the same as the 28g outside. That would be rediculous. Why is this even a question? It's gonna be .550 minus .410, divided by 2 difference.
Gosh, I thought there was no such thing as dumb question here.

I only asked the question because I thought it may be of interest to others that have ordered a set or those that just simply have an interest in these sorts of things. I am truly sorry if it offended you, Chuck.

Pat Dugan
01-04-2012, 04:50 PM
More Pictures, some people will not believe the quality, but the way I look at it, Connecticut Shotgun make the $49,000 Parker 28 gauge on the same machines, there is no shortcut to Quality in these barrels.

PDD

Joe Bernfeld
01-04-2012, 04:51 PM
:rotf::rotf: I think Chuck has a set on order, but the topic of forend fit makes him a bit touchy, no? Until he sees them. Maybe...

Chuck Heald
01-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Gosh, I thought there was no such thing as dumb question here.

I only asked the question because I thought it may be of interest to others that have ordered a set or those that just simply have an interest in these sorts of things. I am truly sorry if it offended you, Chuck.

Greg,
I got carried away. I had seen this concern stated many times in the past when the barrels were first offered. I even saw where Lou got a little coy about it. Sorry, you're right.

Chuck Heald
01-04-2012, 05:06 PM
:duck::rotf::rotf: I think Chuck has a set on order, but the topic of forend fit makes him a bit touchy, no? Until he sees them. Maybe...

That and my new pointer war painted herself up with turds the other day just like Amarillo Mike's dogs.:cuss: I gotta talk to Mike about that. I think some of those 'across the tracks Britts' have taught my pointer some low class stuff. :draw:

Heck Joe, that forend was a real find, but it weren't cheap neither. I think I may have the only one in existance.:duck::whistle:

Chuck Heald
01-04-2012, 05:08 PM
PDD,
did you do a quick check of the chokes?

Pat Dugan
01-04-2012, 09:41 PM
no I have not checked the chokes, but I shot a round of skeet today and only missed 4, the real advantage is the 28 inch length and the improved and mod chokes help on the skeet field, most other doubles are 26 inch and mod and full. The are a little barrel forward as far as balance on the hinge pin, this Parker repro has a length of pull 14 5/8.

What do you think of the gap between the barrels? They might not be touching , but that might be their secret to making them look so good.

As you can see, I have a beaver tail forend wood mounted on a splinter iron, I have shot several thousand rounds and the screws seem to be holding fine on the iron.

The barrel lug had to be adjusted to make the fit correct with the forend.

PDD

Chuck Heald
01-05-2012, 12:42 AM
Pat, the gap between the barrels is not so wide as to be unsightly. I'm fine with it. I expected it since we are starting with a 28g.

On the forend, I'm going to use a vintage splinter iron with a small BTFE for the .410 barrels too. For the 28g, I think I'm going to leave it with the splinter.

I'm totally thrilled with the fit and finish of your barrels. I'm happy for you and hope that translates to me being happy with my barrels when they come.

Gerry Addison
01-05-2012, 07:47 AM
Did you have to do any additional fitting to the forend with the 410 barrels or did they just snap right on? Who fitted your barrels and forend for you? Great looking set of barrels and they fit so much better than the 16Ga barrels did. Can I ask what the barrels are selling for now and if you can still order a set?

Pat Dugan
01-06-2012, 12:03 AM
The barrels cost $ 1895.00, Bill Schwarz from Elli jay Ga fitted the barells and forend. He is the Southern Master Gunsmith for Fine guns.

PDD

Gerry Addison
01-06-2012, 12:09 AM
That's strange, look at the email I received from Connecticut Shotgun just today, I think their price has gone up:

On Jan 5, 2012, at 12:21 PM, Connecticut Shotgun wrote:

"Dear Gerry:

They have always been available. They are $4,000 each. There is a long waiting list."

Marvin Kells
01-06-2012, 08:50 AM
That's strange, look at the email I received from Connecticut Shotgun just today, I think their price has gone up:

"Dear Gerry:

They have always been available. They are $4,000 each. There is a long waiting list."

Don't you just hate that about them? Yet another example of why I'll never again do business with them. :cuss:

Gerry Addison
01-06-2012, 08:53 AM
Well the guys that put their money in and waited a couple years do deserve a break, but more than double the price!!!!!!

Marvin Kells
01-06-2012, 08:57 AM
Well the guys that put their money in and waited a couple years do deserve a break, but more than double the price!!!!!!

Agreed, it was the "They've always been available" quote that really got me going. And the price. :shock:

Gerry Addison
01-06-2012, 09:00 AM
I guess by available they mean they will always take your money. They have a very funny way of doing business.

Joe Bernfeld
01-06-2012, 09:52 AM
I guess by available they mean they will always take your money. They have a very funny way of doing business.

+1,000,000! :shock:

Chuck Heald
01-06-2012, 05:22 PM
The "soup nazi" of double guns. Still, many of us still want the "soup".

Greg Baehman
01-06-2012, 06:13 PM

"Dear Gerry:

If there is indeed a "long waiting list", wonder how many have and how many will be generated at the $4,000 price? I would bet that if CSMC does get an order for a set at $4,000 they will rush them out the door asap---kinda like the football team that gets a favorable ruling rushing back to the line to run another play before the challenge flag can be thrown.

Pat Dugan
01-06-2012, 08:13 PM
I put up a $500 deposit, and waited 3 yrs, but they did not charge shipping and I only lost $ 7.50 interest at 1/2 percent so in the end I am super satisfied. I have spent $ 10,000 plus for various guns from them so maybe thats customer appreciation. The next time I quail hunt I will use my .410 Parker and I will think of Robert W. Woodruff shooting his .410 Parker at his Ichauway Plantation south of Albany Ga.

PDD

Chuck Heald
01-07-2012, 01:25 PM
Pat,
I'm hoping to hear more about the new barrels and how they perform.
Thanks
Chuck

Bill Murphy
01-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Can anyone give us a catalog reference for the last time they were offered in Tony's catalog?

Bill Murphy
01-07-2012, 04:19 PM
Can anyone give us a catalog reference for the last time they were offered in Tony's catalog? I have all the catalogs. Just tell me which one to look in.

Bill Davis
01-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Bill--I don't think they were ever in any of his printed catalogs. Just some online postings of the various barrels he would be making and the need for a $1000 deposit! I gave up after a couple years and switched the money into an A-1. Probably a bad move on my part.

Greg Baehman
01-07-2012, 05:04 PM
I too, don't recall ever seeing them listed in a Galazan catalog, they were, however; featured in a half page ad on the back cover of Parker Pages. This full color ad ran for six consecutive issues starting with the fall issue of 2009 and ending with the winter 2010 issue.

Chuck Heald
01-07-2012, 05:23 PM
I suspect about mid 2009. I would look in the "Restoration items" section.

Chuck Heald
01-10-2012, 03:10 PM
Pat,
Any further experience over the weekend?

Thanks
Chuck

Pat Dugan
01-10-2012, 09:31 PM
the .410 barrels were really easy to swing, they just felt like they were made for skeet shooting.the balance of the whole gun feels good. The ejectors were not kicking the shells out of the right chamber, I was shooting reloads so next time I will use both 2.5 and 3 inch new winchester shells to really tell if the chambers are too tight. I will also use a little 0000 steel wool on a brass brush to really rub out the chambers. A friend had a new 686 Beretta .410 that had problems ejecting the shells and this solved it, so we will see. I will take more pictures so that you will see that the whole profile of the Parker repro appears to be made for the .410 barrels

Pdd

Chuck Heald
01-11-2012, 12:27 AM
Thanks much Pat. You may be able to tell, I'm living vicariously thru you until my barrels come.