PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Orlando Florida..

Gary Weaver
12-16-2011, 09:40 AM
Hi guys, Just joined today and look forward to all things Parker and SxS related.
I started shooting shotguns a little over a year ago and am hooked. Started out in Trap with a real nice Winchester Model 12 I found at a gun show, got bored with Trap and bought a nice Winchester Select O/U and started shooting Skeet and SC.. Getting pretty good at it now.. had a couple 25's.. needed a challange and saw a gentleman shooting a SxS one day.. and thought now that looks very cool... I need to get one of those... so now I have 3 :-).... a Beretta from 1945, a Fox Stirlingworth from 1935, and my favorite.. a Parker from 1921.
I have been shooting SxS now almost all the time... and have shot a few 24's in Skeet, no 25 yet :-( but getting close, and looking forward to shooting it in SC soon..
Looking forward to all that is to learn about these fine shotguns, and hopefully buying more Parkers as I come across some nice ones..
Thanks,
Gary

Update: I didn't mean it to sound like i dont shoot anything else other than shotguns, I have a couple rifles, and a few nice pistols as well.. But lately its just shotguns.. I was never a hunter so guess I'm late to the game, but I am hooked and for now I'm purely a clay shooter.. Of course no offense to the hunters as I have hunters in my family as well, just not my thing.

Dennis V. Nix
12-16-2011, 10:20 AM
Gary, welcome to the PGCA and to shooting sports. I think as you get into shooting more you will naturally branch out into rifles and handguns as well. At least that has been my progression over the past 55 years.

charlie cleveland
12-16-2011, 10:33 AM
gary youll never fully return tosingle barrels again...shooting a old double like a parker adds in some way more fun in the game of life...good shooting and hunting.... charlie

Gary Weaver
12-16-2011, 12:05 PM
Charlie, its interesting you say that.. as I have been looking at a nice $3000 Beretta SV10 O/U... and have been thinking the same thing.. I am having much more fun and getting a lot more attention shooting these old SxS's then anyone with the fancy Perazzi and Kriegoffs..

Dave Suponski
12-16-2011, 12:41 PM
Gary, Welcome to the PGCA! And this forum as well. This is a great organization and a fantastic bunch of guys who share a boatload of knowledge. Stick around there is some fun to be had here.....:)

Frank Cronin
12-16-2011, 03:45 PM
I am having much more fun and getting a lot more attention shooting these old SxS's then anyone with the fancy Perazzi and Kriegoffs..

Sooner or later you will be getting a "new" Parker Bros. with pretty Damascus barrels. Just wait and see the comments you will be getting then when you are carrying one of those on the sporting clays course or trap / skeet field...

Welcome aboard

Gary Weaver
12-17-2011, 10:52 AM
I am so looking forward to it... :)