PDA

View Full Version : 5 frame lifter 10ga restoration progress

Kurt Densmore
09-28-2009, 02:22 PM
When it is finished I will post up the before and after pics...I figured (no pun intended) the wood was nice but this piece of walnut is way beyond my expectations. Little too much glare off the action, sorry.

If someone has some good pictures of grade 2 checkering (both sides of the wrist and the forearm) of a pistol grip stock of this era please post them up or send them to me at shootnfowl@yahoo.com, thanks in advance.

http://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=533&page=2

Harry Collins
09-29-2009, 06:46 AM
That sure is a beauty. When I re-did the stock on my 0 frame 20 hammer Parker the stocker wanted a template for the checkering. I took yellow masking/packing tape and went over the checkering I wanted with a pencil. If you like I will do the same on my 2 frame 10 gauge lifter with the same grip as yours and send it to you.

Harry

Harry Collins
10-01-2009, 10:16 AM
Kurt,

Here are pictures of checkering. I am afraid, however that your Parker is a grade above mine. Yours may need a little more. I hope someone else will confirm or deny my checkering as appropriate for your lovely Parker.

Harry

Kurt Densmore
10-01-2009, 10:38 AM
What do you have there Harry, a grade 1 ??
The checking pattern look the same as I would expect on a grade 2. Kind of like a grade 2 with twist bbls. Looks like a nice one indeed.

Kurt

Harry Collins
10-01-2009, 12:41 PM
Thanks, it is a Twist Parker 10 on a 2 frame. I would guess it as a grade 1 as well.