PDA

View Full Version : 1st western KS match hunt

calvin humburg
12-01-2011, 06:58 AM
Hey I found the birds Sunday. Hunt this weekend. Bring your "go to" gun because your up against my 16 Trojan named her Lucretia Borcia (Out of complete respect of a man I would follow anywhere I am unworthy to even say it so I won't). Using Dave M. 7/8 oz load. So your work is cut out for you. Bring your best Dog cause Sam's gettin better. :whistle: :rotf:

Rich Anderson
12-01-2011, 10:24 AM
Kinda short notice to get from MI to KS by the weekend. I'll put The Money Pit (16ga GH Damascuss) up against your lady any time :whistle:

Daryl Corona
12-01-2011, 07:52 PM
Yeah, MD - KS would be a stretch right now but sounds like a good idea for a future hunt. Sam would have his hands full with Parker and Fox and I'll spot you one and use a 20ga. I'll just might carry a 28 to make it challenging. Maybe Rich can bring his lovely little 20 to round things out.

calvin humburg
12-02-2011, 06:06 AM
Daryl, Just a one bird handycap? You could put the clay birds i've shot in the trunk of your car.

Rich Anderson
12-03-2011, 08:18 AM
Daryl I'm a man of many 20's which gun are you referring to?

charlie cleveland
12-03-2011, 04:51 PM
the little stevens...ha thats what i shoot in a 410 cant afford a parker in that ga... charlie

charlie cleveland
12-03-2011, 05:00 PM
who ever goes and takes calvin up on that hunt want be sorry he went...cant speak for the new dog yet but that old blue healer is gonna be hard tobeat...wish ida been there when you found them birds...they aint in to much danger from me i cant hit broad side of barn but that old ten of calvins will bring them down...be wareif jett calvins boy goes along hes a dead eye on anything that flys..... hope some of you boys take calvin up on that hunt.... charlie

calvin humburg
12-03-2011, 05:18 PM
Now Charlie you know how I really shoot. Ol BoJack gettin a bad wheel but he still goes. But usually followes me but the other day he went and took the phesant away from Syco Sam just to show him he's still Alpha male. The birds all flew early like they did that day at the creek, but there was a bunch of them. Have to hunt em up with a dog after they land but they are waspy ol birds.

Daryl Corona
12-03-2011, 06:51 PM
Sorry Rich, I'm referring to the English beauty you bought from Barnett at Ernie's.

Rich Anderson
12-03-2011, 08:34 PM
I took her out Grouse hunting today. It poured buckets:crying: no birds but great cover. There were birds everywher there two weeks during deer season. I'll be back there for sure. Came home and rubbed some stock oil on her just because I care.

Daryl Corona
12-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Sounds like you are giving her a good home. Have you drawn first blood with her yet?

Rich Anderson
12-03-2011, 08:45 PM
NO!:cuss::crying::banghead: I've had her out a half dozen times and never pulled the trigger. The Bitch is cursed:whistle:

calvin humburg
12-04-2011, 06:24 AM
Hummm have you made sure all the stuff you have on is correct? Could be well say the hat..... And it could just be the Limeie gun. :)

Rich Anderson
12-04-2011, 08:56 PM
I'm pretty sure it's the gun...Damn Britts anyway:)

Dean Romig
12-04-2011, 08:59 PM
It ain't the trigger is it?

Mark Ouellette
12-05-2011, 06:45 AM
Rich,

The birds heard of your new British secret weapon. Rumor has it they all flew to England!

Meanwhile, my less expensive Charles Boswell London boxlock dropped a few preserve pheasants. The good news is that neither the gun nor my dog knew I had paid for those birds... :)

Good Shooting!
Mark

Rich Anderson
12-05-2011, 06:40 PM
I shot around of skeet with it in April and the trigger worked fine and as I haven't tried to use it since it can't be broken. The Brittish gun just hasn't learned about American Grouse....but the season still has about 3 weeks so we will keep on trying.

The H&H has nothing to fear but fear itself.

calvin humburg
12-05-2011, 08:46 PM
Ooowee would I like to hold her. Thoes some kind of GUNS.

Rich Anderson
12-05-2011, 09:37 PM
Hold her.....if I ever get out there hunting you can shoot Pheasant with it.

David Holes
12-05-2011, 10:03 PM
Wanting to go hunt around Smith Center this week, Any good ideas? Dave

lee r moege
12-06-2011, 01:02 PM
Calvin: I may get there yet this year. The guy we hunt with and on North of Waukeeney was found dead last Friday in his home, same age as me 73 years nuts. If I get there which of these 20 gages do you want me to bring? (and I expect handicap points.)

calvin humburg
12-06-2011, 04:58 PM
Hummm well fox, smith, without a dought the grade 3 Parker. Sorry to here about your friend Lee. Guests shoot 1st.

David hurry before the snow melts. Have to look at map not sure where Smith Center is, I should know.

lee r moege
12-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Calvin: The middle gun is the Pachmayr custom Purdey 3 bite action that was stocked by N.B. "Nubbs" Fashingbauer in the early 60's. It has a mate in the Cody Museum that is a 16 gage still owned by the Pachmayr Foundation. It weighs 5lb.9 oz. My grandson is coming home in December, 1 year after getting back from Afganistan as a paratrooper/sniper and is talking wanting to go hunting. He has a Kansas lifetime liscence. Maybe , just maybe, his mom will let go of him a couple days and we can come your way or Jetmore. Will call if at all possible. Lee.:bigbye:

calvin humburg
12-07-2011, 06:00 AM
Well it does not suprise me on the second gun my "self told me it was not a smith but I had to guess" really nice gun Lee. The guns you fellows have are something else.

charlie cleveland
12-07-2011, 09:39 AM
calvin those old birds down in that little creek sure were wild were not they...hope you get to take a few of them...i bet that old big hawk i seen after that hen phez is still around...chasem good... charlie

charlie cleveland
12-07-2011, 09:42 AM
calvin those old birds down in that little creek sure were wild were not they...hope you get to take a few of them...i bet that old big hawk i seen after that hen phez is still around...chasem good... those sure are some kinda nice guns....charlie

Dean Romig
12-07-2011, 10:00 PM
Lee, that is one beautiful Fox!!

calvin humburg
12-08-2011, 05:04 AM
Yes, they were Charlie. Funny but I have not seen a bird in there this year. One would think that in a dry year there would be a lot in a great spot like that with water???