PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Eric Baker
11-24-2011, 12:03 AM
Hello Gentlemen,

New member of the forum and the association but not new to Parkers. Been shooting and hunting my first Parker, a Grade 2, 16 gauge top lever hammer gun for about 15 years. Have acquired a few others since. My main interest is hammer guns but anything in 16ga piques my interest.

Daryl Corona
11-24-2011, 07:07 AM
Eric,
Welcome and did you say hammer guns? Now you're talking! Pics of your Grade2 and hammer guns will help us better understand your addiction although I must tell you it is not easily curable. Enjoy the Holiday.
Daryl

Dave Suponski
11-24-2011, 09:42 AM
Eric, Welcome to the PGCA and thanks for becoming a member! Many of us here get together from time to time and warm up these old guns. I am a big fan of 16 gauges also.

calvin humburg
11-24-2011, 11:21 AM
Glad you joined as well! You'll enjoy the things that come with membership. Shot my new to me Trojan 16 at phesant last weekend killed 3, 7/8 oz shot, broke wing on no. 2 Sam chased it down His first cripple the flog'en didn't bother him 13 months old he got another runner that day,yes i'm a braggen I'll quit now but if you want to here some more... : ) ch I want a 16 hammer gun!

Eric Baker
11-24-2011, 12:00 PM
Gentlemen,

Thank you for the warm welcome. Unfortunately Daryl there is no cure, its a terminal condition and the best you can do is treat the symptoms. Had a serious attack recently forcing me to engage in some retail therapy resulting in another 16ga hammer gun! This one is a 0 grade top lever. I have photos of them together and will attempt to post over on the hammer gun section.

Took the G2 pheasant hunting in KS last weekend, birds were flushing long in heavy wind, had to resort to a more modern 16 with a little more reach. Was able to put 3 in the bag.

Happy Thanksgiving All!