PDA

View Full Version : Long long ago in a galaxy far away....

Richard Flanders
09-27-2009, 11:34 PM
That was the email subject line my good friend Pioneer Bob sent along with this picture of he and I at his house in Rockford Michigan in, I think, 1974. My girlfriend and I hitchhiked to his house from Mich St. Univ. over Christmas break for a visit and some hunting. I broke my Parker VHE20 down, stuffed the parts into the legs of a pair of well-worn Levis and stuffed it into my rucksack for the trip. I hit one of those ruffies from so close and so directly(v rare for me back then)that the wad was inside the bird! The one on the left I think. This is one of the earliest pictures I have of me with that Parker that I had inherited just the year before I think. I only have 2-3 pictures of it from that time. It's a scanned slide so the resolution is not the best.

Harry Collins
09-28-2009, 08:00 AM
Richard,
We had family in from far flung places yesterday. My sister produced pictures I could not recall seeing before. The ones you remember being taken and all that can be recalled about the time, as your picture has for you, is a joyous experience. I enjoied this picture of you, the gun, game, friend and of course your recolection of the time.
Harry

Richard Flanders
09-30-2009, 12:18 AM
Thanks Harry. I just now got an email from Pioneer Bob and he has not changed a bit. Amazing how time and true friendship work together.

Destry L. Hoffard
10-03-2009, 04:12 AM
Richard,

You ain't changed much either.

DLH