PDA

View Full Version : Lifter actions and trips

Brian Dudley
11-18-2011, 04:48 PM
Question on lifter actions. On my S/N 4216 (Pree recessed pin and check hook design), the lifter and bolting mechanism is not held open when the gun is opened. Is there a Trip on these very early guns, or is mine just missing? I have not had the chance to look and see if there is a place for one to be. The gun was in parts when I got it, so I would not be surprised if it went lost.

I see in looking at Parkers original description of the lifter action operation, the illustration and description shows the presence of a trip. But I see that the design shown is the later lifter action that has the catch hook on the barrels. My 4216 is earlier than that.

Brian Dudley
11-18-2011, 05:42 PM
In looking at it, it looks like I might just be missing my trip. There is a hole for it and the bolt has a spot for it to catch on too.

Austin W Hogan
11-18-2011, 08:01 PM
The trip is essential. You could close the gun by holding the lifter button

Best, Austin

Brian Dudley
11-19-2011, 07:47 AM
Yeah, I can close the gun by holding the button up. Does anyone know if all the trip are the same? Hammer and hammerless or can hammerless trips be fitted to the earlier hammer guns? I just figure that finding one from a hammerless gun would most likely be easier.

Austin W Hogan
11-19-2011, 08:53 AM
All trips are same. They sometimes fatigue and break.

Best, Austin

Brian Dudley
11-19-2011, 05:08 PM
Well mine is jsut plain gone. But if they are all the same, I might not have too hard of a time finding one.