PDA

View Full Version : hammer gun parts

Dave Smith
11-18-2011, 01:00 PM
larry del greco tells me that he has "no parts " for hammer lifter guns. He relates a parker story " when the new plant was built they pushed all the existing stock of parts for underlifter guns into the new foundation hole and poured concrete on them!!":banghead: You have to love progress its the american way.
I have a retired navy machinest on retainer; he was employed by the late antique gun dealer c.w. slagle to repair and rebuild flint and percusion firearms. This apparently is a good thing when relating to the del greco history report I mentioned.

Brian Dudley
11-18-2011, 01:03 PM
What type of parts are you looking for? Or are you not?

Dave Smith
11-18-2011, 01:07 PM
internal left hammer parts, springs and screws for the hammer, firing pins too.

David Dwyer
11-18-2011, 01:49 PM
Tom Carter is making hammer screws out of tool steel and Dave Pernell is making offset firing pins also out of good tool steel. Both do an excellent job and cheep to boot!
David

Brian Dudley
11-18-2011, 02:19 PM
Yeah, contact Dave Purnell about the firing pin and maybe the other parts. He may be able to help you out on them.

Dave Suponski
11-18-2011, 02:43 PM
Never heard that "story" before.

Gary Carmichael Sr
11-18-2011, 04:44 PM
That could be true, but I believe Parker did not waste material like that, The lifter was in use for a long time and parts would be needed by the owners of these fine lifters, just my two cents worth!

Dave Suponski
11-18-2011, 05:19 PM
I agree Gary.... Yankees are just too darn frugal....:rotf: