Russ Jackson
10-31-2011, 04:43 AM
Patrick ,She's a beautiful young Lady ! Do you hunt her ? Russ

calvin humburg
10-31-2011, 05:19 AM
Happy b day to her!

Eric Eis
10-31-2011, 08:51 AM
Don't you wish you have the same energy at that age.....

Patrick Lien
10-31-2011, 09:54 AM
Patrick ,She's a beautiful young Lady ! Do you hunt her ? Russ

Russ,
She stays home now when we go after chukars but we still chase a few pheasants together.

Patrick

Russ Jackson
11-01-2011, 12:29 PM
Patrick ,That's nice you still take her a little ,I did the same with Maggie , I usually raise a small flock of Chuckers just about every year and run the dogs on them pre season ,just to warm them up . That was so nice for a 15 year old Dog ,I would dizzy them and plant a couple a hundred yards from the house ,get the gun get Maggie awake and get her wound up about hunting ,and off we would go she would always point them and seemed happy to be out ,but was exhausted when we would get back ! I was always pleased about seeing her back in the field ,even if it was just pretend hunting !!

Patrick Lien
11-01-2011, 11:10 PM
Russ,
I think my old dog would like your Chukars just fine. We hunt ours wild on the breaks of the Snake and Salmon Rivers. We start at the river and the birds run us and the dogs up the canyon for about a mile or two staying just at the edge of range with each flush. Then when they see we are spent from the climb and lacking oxygen they turn sideways and glide to the next ridge where they sit and laugh as we go down the draw into the stickers and then back up to their party spot. At this point they bust ass straight downhill at 100mph to get a drink at the river and wait to start the cycle all over again.

Chukars are evil little birds and you earn what you get here. The Steelhead are running now, so we jet boat up the Snake and chase birds for a few hours in the morning and then fish home and rest up.

Patrick

Russ Jackson
11-01-2011, 11:24 PM
Pat; Sounds like a great time ! I would have to think those evil little birds are fun to hunt wild on their own turf ! My store bought birds are fun to hunt if you just turn them loose on top of a big hill ,let them fly off and then actually hunt them ,not like I did with my old Dog ,not sporting or fair to the Bird at all ,but very enjoyable to the old Dog ! Russ

Patrick Lien
11-01-2011, 11:34 PM
but very enjoyable to the old Dog ! Russ

Russ,

In my opinion old working dogs deserve every enjoyment that we can provide. They are good for the soul. Cheers to you.

Patrick