PDA

View Full Version : AFTERNOON AT THE SOUTHERN

George Lander
10-22-2011, 10:30 PM
I spent an enjoyable afternoon today at the Southern SxS at Rick Hemingway's Back Woods Sporting Clays place near Hemingway, South Carolina. Parker Collectors had a booth with some nice guns displayed. Bill Mullins along with five or six others were manning the booth. There were a ton of nice doubles displayed throughout the two tents along with a lot of very nice people. I spent time with the Guns International folks and they were warm and hospitible as always. It was a beautiful day and Rick had the place manicured. The barbecued chicken lunch was fantastic. Jim Kelly of Darlington Gun Works was there with his family (he bought a nice original Colt single action from Greene's Guns) John Frierson was there autographing his new book. I just thought I'd mention this for those who couldn't make it. This event seems to get better each year.

Best Regards, George :bigbye:

Bruce Day
10-23-2011, 10:30 AM
Hello George, who did we have from the PGCA there? I know they were trying to get more members there.

Best,
Bruce

Tom Carter
10-23-2011, 02:39 PM
Bill Mullins, Jim Hall, Buddy Marson, John Truitt, Carl Brant, David Dwyer, Yours Truly, and others whom I did not know. Cheers, Tom