PDA

View Full Version : 7th Annual New England Fun Shoot

Dave Suponski
10-20-2011, 03:30 PM
Time to post this up so that anyone planning on attending can make time.

7th Annual New England Fun Shoot
Addieville East Farm
Mapleville ,Rhode Island
Saturday May 12th 2012
Rain Date Sunday May 13th 2012
Shooting starts at 9 AM
Grills will be available and all the rest as in years past
Also golf carts are available for rental
This will be a great tune -up for the Vintagers event that happens in September.

So mark your calenders. Maybe this year the Fox boys will show. They got beat so bad two years ago it took them this long to recover?

More details as we move closer.....

Pete Lester
10-20-2011, 04:57 PM
This will be a great tune -up for the Vintagers event that happens in September.

A tune-up, I could use one of those lately :rotf:

Dave Suponski
03-30-2012, 09:15 PM
Moving this to the top for anyone planning on attending....:bigbye:

Dave Suponski
04-19-2012, 10:50 AM
A few weeks away. How about a head count from those planning on attending. I need to know for shirts.

Robin Lewis
04-19-2012, 10:51 AM
I am there.

Mark Ouellette
04-19-2012, 11:27 AM
Hmmm,

On 12 May 2012 there is will be PGCA participation in the new England Fun Shoot and also in the Lower Penisilula SxS Shoot.

How about we try to get a few more shoots across the country on or about the 2nd weekend of May 2013! We could call it "Parker Day!"

Just a stray thought...
Mark

Larry Frey
04-19-2012, 01:51 PM
Dave,
I'll be there but still not sure about the better half. It seems the granddaughter’s dance recitals take precedence over shooting. It must be a girl thing.:rolleyes:

Dean Romig
04-19-2012, 08:09 PM
You can always count on me... haven't missed one yet ( I've had to miss a few dance recitals though...)

Dave Suponski
04-19-2012, 08:33 PM
Dean,Is Jamie attending?

Dean Romig
04-19-2012, 09:38 PM
No, he's performing in a dance recital... :shock:

Dave Suponski
04-19-2012, 10:16 PM
Excuse Me.....:shock:

Dean Romig
04-19-2012, 10:30 PM
No, seriously, I think he's planning to come with Kathy and me.

edgarspencer
04-30-2012, 09:45 AM
I have every good intention of coming also, but am not remotely deluded into thinking anyone would accompany me. I even detected a faint smile when I told my wife I'd be gone for the day. My dog smiled too.
If this past Saturday's performance is any indication, this would be a great opportunity, for anyone who considers themselves to be a lousy shot, to come out and look good (great, actually) by comparison.

Dean Romig
04-30-2012, 11:59 AM
Oficially we don't keep score. It's all about having fun... and razzing each other about their lousy shooting - looks like you'll fit right in :whistle:

edgarspencer
04-30-2012, 02:19 PM
Thanks,I think.

Dave Suponski
05-03-2012, 03:25 PM
I will have a very limited number of commerative t shirts available on a first come first served basis. The cost will be $15.00 each. This is my breakeven price. If you want one please see me early as they don't last.

Chuck Bishop
05-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Good luck with the weather

Somebody please try and keep Suponski under control:rotf:

Dave Suponski
05-03-2012, 04:33 PM
Thanks Chuck...I think.....:rolleyes: Oh wait didn't somebody just say that...:rotf:

Dean Romig
05-03-2012, 04:40 PM
I will have a very limited number of commerative t shirts available on a first come first served basis. The cost will be $15.00 each. This is my breakeven price. If you want one please see me early as they don't last.

Is this early enough??

Dean Romig
05-03-2012, 04:49 PM
Somebody please try and keep Suponski under control:rotf:

No Problem... :draw:

Dean Romig
05-03-2012, 04:50 PM
Hey Chuck, why do I get the impression you won't be at Addieville?

Chuck Bishop
05-03-2012, 05:13 PM
I'm not coming up there again until youse guys come to my shoot:mad::mad:

Seriously Dean, you have to remember last year I was gainfully employed. I have made my reservations for Hausmann's for Friday and Saturday night. I hope you and your gang will all be there. I missed seeing Robin and you and Kathy at the Southern.

I have a thing to settle with the Dave!!!

Chuck

Dave Suponski
05-03-2012, 05:18 PM
Bring it Bishop.....:rotf:

Eric Eis
05-03-2012, 05:26 PM
"Seriously Dean, you have to remember last year I was gainfully employed. I have made my reservations for Hausmann's for Friday and Saturday night. I hope you and your gang will all be there. I missed seeing Robin and you and Kathy at the Southern. "

Know the feeling....:crying:

Larry Frey
05-03-2012, 09:17 PM
I'm not coming up there again until youse guys come to my shoot:mad::mad:

Chuck

Chuck,
I really want to come to your shoot. And it's not the the five hours each way that bothers me its the fact that I have to drive right thru Harrisburg again three days later on my 12 hour journey to the Southern. We will get there one of these years and Suponski will be there even if I have to go pick him up.

Larry Frey
05-03-2012, 09:18 PM

Save an XL for me.

Dean Romig
05-03-2012, 09:22 PM
Chuck,
We will get there one of these years and Suponski will be there even if I have to go pick him up.

I understand your reluctance Larry. After your recent indoctrination to Dave as a travelling companion... :shock:

Dave Suponski
05-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Well...Just a couple of days to go now! Weather report says sunny and 75 with 0 chance of rain...:) Just got off the phone with Jack and he told me they have new features. Four traps at each station. A&B traps for SxS"s and C&D traps for tournament use. Sounds like fun! See you guys soon.

edgarspencer
05-10-2012, 08:24 PM
Well...Just a couple of days to go now! Weather report says sunny and 75 with 0 chance of rain...:) Just got off the phone with Jack and he told me they have new features. Four traps at each station. A&B traps for SxS"s and C&D traps for tournament use. Sounds like fun! See you guys soon.

Huh?

Dave Suponski
05-10-2012, 08:57 PM
Huh.....What?

edgarspencer
05-10-2012, 09:15 PM
You lost me at "4 traps".

Dave Suponski
05-10-2012, 09:28 PM
Edgar, There are two courses in one. The A and B traps will be more friendly for SxS field guns. Whereas The C and D traps are more for long tournament style shooting using those funny guns with the barrels going the wrong way and those strange little things that screw in the end of the barrels...:rotf:

edgarspencer
05-11-2012, 06:46 AM
Gotcha.

edgarspencer
05-11-2012, 05:35 PM
I grabbed a couple boxes of Eley 8ga, 3 1/4", 2oz.BB, to bring along if any artillery gunners want them. They are new production, Bismuth. They aren't mine, the owner gets $35/box.

Dave Suponski
05-12-2012, 09:18 PM
Well the weather was fantastic! We had a small turnout but one hell of a good time! Some pictures....

1) Larry,Edgar and Mike looking over a Super Fox

2)Robin,Danny with Frank Cronin and Edgar in the background

3)And the picture I never thought I would see! Larry picking up hulls for reloading. After all these years of "I'll never reload...Its a PITA....No Time...Bla..Bla...Ya right...Dean staring on in total amazement.

4)Dean grinding one up.

5)Our own Edgar Spencer

Dave Suponski
05-12-2012, 09:40 PM
A couple more...

1)Mike trapping with Chris T shooting his wonderful 34"DHE straight grip 12 bore

2)Edgar,Jamie,Frank,Larry,Dave,Robin,Chris T,Chris's Cousin,Danny,Dean

Dean Romig
05-12-2012, 09:45 PM
I agree Dave!! It was a fabulous day!
The weather was perfect - as was the companionship.
I would have posted some pictures too but all I have on my camera card are pictures of Larry rummaging through the buckets of empties.
Most of us shot our usual percentages but my brother-in-law Jamie, was voted "Most Improved". Nice shooting Jamie - I am impressed!!

Dave Suponski
05-12-2012, 09:50 PM
A few of Robins pictures.

1)We all felt sorry for Larry so we all pitched in scrounging hulls.

2)Another shot of Chris and that "Long legged" DHE 34 incher

3) Me and my new toy. 1934 VH 12 gauge skeet configured Parker I think I'm in love...

edgarspencer
05-12-2012, 10:20 PM
It takes a big man to lug a 5 frame thunder-pole around, but Frank was up to the challenge. I wonder how many of the targets he smoked were from shear concussion.
I 2nd Dean's sentiment. I haven't had that much fun in............well, I can't remember.

scott kittredge
05-13-2012, 06:19 AM
looked like a lot of fun, and i missed out on it:crying: i was falling behind in the shop so i couldn't make it. i will be in Pa with a big group for that shoot and it should be fun! scott

Dean Romig
05-13-2012, 06:59 AM
Scott, you, Pete, Bob and Bill were missed. We thought you guys were all out in the turkey woods yesterday morning.

*post modified to include Bill... sorry Bill*

Pete Lester
05-13-2012, 07:06 AM
Scott, you, Pete and Bob were missed. We thought you guys were all out in the turkey woods yesterday morning.

I was and it was great fun with an old friend, and I have another story about the one that got away :rotf:

Dean Romig
05-13-2012, 07:15 AM
I have another story about the one that got away :rotf:

Only one??

Five got away from me in one morning this season.

Please tell it Pete... we will always doff our hats to the ones that are wily enough to elude our shots.

scott kittredge
05-13-2012, 07:30 AM
Scott, you, Pete and Bob were missed. We thought you guys were all out in the turkey woods yesterday morning.

OK, i was out with bill janelle for awhile too, call in 2 big toms for him. it took 45 mins or so, and at 32 yds and a great show the big ten went off. and than again, than as bob would say" they done run off" :crying:. than i went to work, scott

Pete Lester
05-13-2012, 07:39 AM
Only one??

Five got away from me in one morning this season.

Please tell it Pete... we will always doff our hats to the ones that are wily enough to elude our shots.

Long story kind of, I went hunting with a friend, Frank, we worked together for many years and used go hunting before work together often. He has had some great tragedy in his life, his 20 yr old son was killed in a car accident this past January. I have stayed in touch and been encouraging him to get out so when he called and said he wanted to take me Turkey hunting there was no way I was going to say no. He lives in Nashua NH and hunts in Peterborough NH so I had be on the road at 2:45AM. Peterborough NH is beautiful and tons of open land. Frank has hunted the area for decades and has some great places. We hunted an old clear cut using a pop up blind at the edge of the woods, tight quarters for two shooters. We were in the blind from before sun up, hours went by but Frank was sure we would get action. Well patience pays off as single Jake came in silently about 9AM. Frank was adamant about me taking the shot but the bird was on the right and I was on the right side of the tent and bound up. I told him to shoot and he refused. I insisted again and about this time the jig was up. The bird bolted and I took a fast off hand shot at about 45 yards holding the gun at an angle due to the small tent window and my poor position to look through it. A few feathers and spent wad was all I had to show for it.

It was still a great day, we had action. Best of all Frank was acting like himself for the first time in months, he didn't cry but did have one sad moment reflecting on a past hunt with his son. Weeks ago I would not have been surprised to hear he had killed himself as he was so depressed. He told me he had been seeing a Counselor and I could tell it had helped greatly. I stopped in Nashua on the way home and visited my last remaining Uncle who is 83. I called first and he was standing on the side of the street in front of his house waiting for me. He looked so much like my father...... He is a little forgetful but in pretty good health for a man that age. All in all a good day, but I missed going to the shoot. I have been shooting clay pigeons real good lately, not sure when the goodness streak will end as I am on borrowed time :-) Sorry I missed a good time at Addieville, but yesterday was a real good day for me.

Rich Anderson
05-13-2012, 08:34 AM
I can see the Dumpster Diving battles at Hausmanns now. I saw that one first....no it's mine....you get the next station:eek:

Dave Suponski
05-13-2012, 08:35 AM
I echo Deans comments. You boy's were sorely missed but we will see you all in PA.

Pete, You did the right thing. There will be more shoots. Helping out a friend comes first...

PS....You guys go easy on Hodges this is his first big event/shoot....:whistle:

Larry Frey
05-13-2012, 08:39 AM
Pete,
Being there for your friend was far more important than breaking clays at Addieville. We did miss you guys and look forward to seeing the NH crew at Hausmans in a couple of weeks.

Daryl Corona
05-13-2012, 09:10 AM
Larry,
There is no shame in dumpster diving for once fired AA's or STS's. Welcome to the wonderful world of reloading. Soon you will be scanning the terrain around the shooting stand and the shell bucket in front for those coveted "once fireds". They will soon look like a shiny new quarter did when you where a kid. You can't wait to pick it up and shove it in your pocket. Don't fret, I still bend over to pick up pennies. I don't care what people think, times are tough! Wish I could of made Addieville. Looking forward to Ernie's more than ever. Good luck with the new Mec- nice deal by the way.
D

scott kittredge
05-13-2012, 09:20 AM
I echo Deans comments. You boy's were sorely missed but we will see you all in PA.

Pete, You did the right thing. There will be more shoots. Helping out a friend comes first...

PS....You guys go easy on Hodges this is his first big event/shoot....:whistle:

we will give Hodges all the help he will need in his "first big event":eek::rotf:

Dean Romig
05-13-2012, 08:42 PM
we will give Hodges all the help he will need in his "first big event":eek::rotf:

Yeah, I was afraid of that.

Poor, poor Steve... :biglaugh:

Frank Cronin
05-13-2012, 10:32 PM
It takes a big man to lug a 5 frame thunder-pole around, but Frank was up to the challenge. I wonder how many of the targets he smoked were from shear concussion.
I 2nd Dean's sentiment. I haven't had that much fun in............well, I can't remember.

To begin with, glad you could make it to the shoot Edgar and also sharing your old photos and map of Meriden. Really interesting stuff! Lugging the big 5 frame is not so bad when you have electric powered carts driving you, ammo, and guns around.... Our squad consisted of Chris T, Chris' cousin, Mike from the Fox Collectors, Edgar, and myself. We didn't keep score.... just good people getting together to burn some powder, have a some laughs, and enjoy the day Mother Nature granted us this past weekend.

Halfway through the course, panic set in when we noticed the plug from Chris' Jostam pad came out on his newly acquired 34" DHE straight grip. :shock: Sure enough, Edgar, confident where he thought he saw it last still on the gun, recovered it from the third station in the dirt under the gun rack. :bowdown:

Anyway.... here are some pics with the few I took with the camera.

First pic - Chris T and Mike from the AH Fox Collectors Assoc.
Second pic - Edgar and Dave
Third pic - Chris' cousin shooting a gun with funny looking barrels....
Fourth and fifth pics - Chris T pulverizing some clays with his 34" DH
Last pic - Mike from the AHFCA cleaning the station with his Fox Sterlingworth.

Dean Romig
05-13-2012, 10:38 PM
I'm really glad to learn that Chris got his pad plug back. Good work Edgar!!

Chris, I would not change that pad. It is a very unusual Jostam pad that I'm certain must be original. Put that plug back in with a bit of adhesive and shoot the daylights out of it! That is a wonderful competition Parker.

BTW, that was one tough station!!