PDA

View Full Version : Field & Stream 1909

Drew Hause
09-22-2009, 04:32 PM
http://books.google.com/books?id=6B5YAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA21&dq#v=onepage&q=&f=false

John Dunkle
09-22-2009, 05:12 PM
Outstanding find, Drew..! What a great read! My thanks! Also - I tried to find the "buy this issue" from the various links - but didn't find one? Am I missing them? If so - please post back a link to buy this book/reprint - OK?

Drew - my thank!

John

Drew Hause
09-22-2009, 05:29 PM
John: it was digitized from the collection at the University of Michigan and unfortunately is not available for purchase.
Google Books is a wonderful resource, and more great stuff is getting scanned and digitized daily.

John Dunkle
09-22-2009, 05:35 PM
Ahhh... Now - if only my great grandfather had kept his issues.. ;) In any event - my sincerest thanks!!

On an off-topic - it really is amazing to find scanned articles from so long ago. I sincerely hope they are preserved for many generations to come. It is - or should be - what this "Digital" world should be about.. Preserving history for those who have yet to make history of their own.. At least in my world..

My thanks again, Drew!

John

Drew Hause
10-04-2009, 06:16 PM
http://books.google.com/books?id=f0BYAAAAMAAJ&dq=editions:LCCNca06001657&lr=&source=gbs_navlinks_s

Richard Flanders
10-31-2009, 03:55 PM
I scanned an original 1898 Outdoor Life that a friend had. It was/is in near mint condition. I have it on my computer as a 24mb PDFfile and would gladly share it if we could figure out a way to do it. It even has an article about hunting moose in Alaska. Maybe I can figure out how to post a page from it here. Note that it is vol. 1, no. 1. The very first issue of OL magazine. Interesting indeed. I emailed OL asking if they would be interested in it and never even got a response! Can you imagine that?!

Kenny Graft
10-31-2009, 05:20 PM
I have a small collection of old mags from the 20-s from e-bay, 20-30.00 will normally buy a good condition old one.

Richard Flanders
10-31-2009, 07:04 PM
I have one person interested in having me email him the old OL magazine. It's 24+Mb so I only want to do it once and will take a collection of email addresses. Anyone else?? You have until tomorrow night to get me your email address then I'm gone for a week. It really is a good read. Even has an article about the 'recent indian troubles out west'.... how times have changed, eh?

send me an email so I can automatically add you to my address list.

richardflanders@compuserve.com

Austin W Hogan
11-04-2009, 09:35 PM
Gary Carmichael loaned his copy of that issue to Parker Pages, and we reproduced much of it about 5 years ago. Although the issue should be well beyond copyright, we informed present day F&S but recieved no reply. There may not be continuity in the publication.

Best, Austin