PDA

View Full Version : Just out of Curiosity... What is this?

Brian Dudley
10-07-2011, 02:20 PM
Check out this Gun on GB now.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=254764584

Listed as an "Invincible" Upgrade that was a Ducks Unlimited gun back in the 1980's. But also listed as having a s/n in the 235,000's.

My main question, is what is up with the sideplates on it?

Chuck Bishop
10-07-2011, 06:15 PM
It's an upgrade of a Parker made by Frank Pachmayr or I should say by his company. I believe he made a few of these and they show up from time to time. The sideplates are false and strictly decorative. It probably started life as a VHE but without the full S/N it's just a guess

David Holes
10-07-2011, 07:02 PM
The guns I have seen that Frank P. upgraded are works of art.

Brian Dudley
10-07-2011, 08:56 PM
I wonder why the sideplates... Maybe just experimenting with new lines on the old classic. Or I wonder if it might have been over patent rights. Must have taken a lot of work to get those fences in behind the breech if it started as a low grade gun, which I too am sure it must have.

Chuck Bishop
10-08-2011, 05:51 AM
Brian, the false sideplates are decorative and give the engraver a larger area to display his talents.

It is a beautiful gun and I wouldn't kick it out of bed but it gripes me when these sellers call these types of guns original in their descriptions. The gun is only original if the seller defines original as meaning original post upgrade and so states in his description. Notice the seller states "original casecolors", baloney!

This seller is being dishonest in his description, IMHO.

Brian Dudley
10-08-2011, 08:34 AM
What made me look at it was the INVINCIBLE in the title. I was like... Huh, whats all this about...

Nothing more than an attention getter. Just like how people list their guns as "Stoger SxS: NOT Parker, Fox, LC Smith.
Just trying to get search hits.
Like anyone searching for a Parker is gonna say "well, couldn't find that Parker I was looking for, but hey, here is a nice Stoger."