PDA

View Full Version : Value of DH Receiver

mark hunter
10-07-2011, 07:38 AM
I have a DHE .12 guage. Years ago I acquired a spare DH receiver, which is void of any internal parts, but otherwise in very good condition. Have concluded that I'm never going to need it so plan to sell it. What is a reasonable/fair price to ask? Mark

Don Kaas
10-07-2011, 09:14 AM
It is essentially a paper weight. So take whatever you can get for it. I have 3 or 4 sitting around...Remember, if it is post 1898, by law it must be sold through an FFL if sold interstate and within some states for that matter.

Eric Eis
10-07-2011, 09:52 AM
Don is correct, you may need an FFL to sell it. I had five receivers a few years ago just like yours and I got lucky and sold them to a resident of my state for $50 for all of them.

mark hunter
10-07-2011, 10:17 AM
Thanks gentleman. I don't have to be concerned about FFL as I live in Canada. The receiver is registered, however, a situation that should change shortly as our new Conservative majority federal government plans to abolish long gun registration. I just have to make sure a buyer has a gun card. So, I guess I'm looking for someone here who has a non numbers matching shooter that want/needs a better receiver. Appreciate your comments. Mark

Mark Ouellette
10-07-2011, 10:19 AM
Has anyone ever seen a cracked Parker receiver? Older model Ithicas and an occasional LC Smith crack at the intersection of the standing breach and water table but do Parkers? I think that the answer is no but somebody correct me if I am wrong.

scott kittredge
10-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Has anyone ever seen a cracked Parker receiver? Older model Ithicas and an occasional LC Smith crack at the intersection of the standing breach and water table but do Parkers? I think that the answer is no but somebody correct me if I am wrong.

hi, yes, i have,:eek: a buddy of mine here in NH has one in a box of parts. not sure how it cracked. maybe he with jump in with some info. scott

Brian Dudley
10-07-2011, 04:19 PM
I have seen people ask as high as a few hundred dollars for even empty receivers. Need to say, I don't ever see them move.

Dean Romig
10-07-2011, 09:40 PM
The only Parker frames I have ever heard of cracking in the location and manner in which BFT suggests is on the very early frames at that horizontal/vertical juncture that is cut at a precise 90 deg. vs. the later radiused cut at that point which virtually eliminates the possibility of cracking there.