PDA

View Full Version : Recommend someone to fix up my ole trojan

Stu Williams
09-27-2011, 11:46 PM
I have a 1929 20 ga Trojan I would like someone in the Virginia or Carolinas area to at the very least clean up so that I can feel good about shooting her some on the skeet range.
Is there a person someone can recommend? I have PM'd a couple of folks with no results.
Thank you.

Dean Romig
09-28-2011, 05:56 AM
Send a PM to Jent P. Mitchell to get contact information on Dewey Vicnair.

Chuck Bishop
09-28-2011, 07:56 AM
Here is Dewey's web site although Dewey isn't located in Virginia or the Carolinas. He lives in Lititz which is in south central Pa.

http://www.vicknairrestorations.com/

Bill Murphy
09-29-2011, 09:58 AM
Dewey's hourly rate is not Trojan friendly and he would be the first to admit that.

Bruce Day
09-29-2011, 12:04 PM
Stu, it's hard to know what you mean by ''clean up". Many people here are adept enough to use a product like Flitz or other metal cleaner/polish to clean off the bulk of corrosion and dullness off barrels and action, and to scrub dirt and old grime off stocks. You can hand rub a top coat of french polish or Tru-Oil onto the wood. All this can be done yourself if you have a light hand and are careful, and I have taken cleaning and light refinishing supplies along on hunting trips when I know a buddy has a new old gun and he wants to know how to give it a little fluffing.

Many people come on here and ask for advise but they do not post photos of the gun so consequently, our advise is very general. The more detailed a poster can be, people here will reciprocate, and a picture is worth a thousand words.

Best,

Bruce Day, certified Parker non-expert

Stu Williams
09-29-2011, 08:14 PM
Photo's in this thread
http://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2132
Clean up to me>open it up look for broken parts and rust>if found in good repair just some light oil and button her up>otherwise move to repair.
She dry fires fine, but not having shoot her in 35 yrs I would like her cleaned up/inspected/&/or repaired if need be to include a new butt plate I can do my self if need be.
I have sent the link to Gary, Josh, and now Dewey so they could see the pictures. Gary has been traveling the last couple of months and I was hoping he could do this for me but I have not heard from him in a few weeks and he just said that he would contact me when he got back from Ky and that was august 31st.