PDA

View Full Version : Value of Parker Serial 138889

DSBU00
09-18-2009, 10:10 PM
I was given a Parker 12 gauge by my father years ago. I never really knew what I had, but I am starting to think the the gun needs to be cherished a little more than it has been. Can someone help me to understand what I have?

The gun is in very good shape, in fact I have dove hunted with it several times. I used the gun identification tool in the website to determine this:
Made in 1906
Frame size 2
BH Grade 5
Acme Steel
Weight 4 6

Any help would be much appreciated. I can add pictures later if needed.

Jeff Kuss
09-18-2009, 10:17 PM
We would be happy to help you with your very desirable gun, but you must first register with your real name.
Thanks
Jeff Kuss Moderator

David Shankle
09-19-2009, 02:06 PM
Sorry Jeff. I did not read the directions very well when I registered. I am the person who asked about the Parker. Thanks for any feedback that you or anyone else can give!

Jay Gardner
09-19-2009, 02:45 PM
David,

First of all, welcome. Second, a Parker gifted to you by your father is certainly something to be cherished for the obvious reasons. B-grade Parkers are very unique individually. We would certainly like to see pictures of your gun. Any chance you can post some for us to see?

Jay Gardner

David Shankle
09-19-2009, 04:06 PM
I have attached a few pictures of the shotgun. Thanks again for the feedback!

Bill Murphy
09-19-2009, 05:18 PM
This gun has a very interesting history no doubt. A PGCA letter would cost you less than one percent of its value and possibly add to its value many times that. According to the Serialization Book, the gun had neither ejectors or single trigger or beavertail forend when it was made. A PGCA letter would possibly tell you when such modifications were made to the gun as well as the name of the person who originally ordered the gun as well as the name of the person who had the modifications made. The names you uncover will possibly be names our readers would recognize as competition shooters or other important figures in Parker history. Keep us informed.

David Shankle
09-19-2009, 09:57 PM
How exactly do I get a PCGA letter?

Dave Suponski
09-19-2009, 10:32 PM
David,Go to the PGCA Home tab on the upper left side of this page then click on "Research Letters tab. You will find a form to fill out and mail in.

David Shankle
09-20-2009, 04:29 PM
This is great news. I will work on getting the form sent in this week. Thanks everyone!

George Lander
09-21-2009, 03:35 PM
David: What you have is a very rare and desirable Parker. Bill and Dave are right, invest in a PGCA letter and no telling what surprises will turn up. The letter should tell you if your gun was sent back to Parker for the aforementioned modifications.

Best Regads, George