PDA

View Full Version : replacement stock needed for 20 gauge trojan model

kyle goetz
09-13-2011, 09:01 PM
Anyone know where I could possibly get a hold of one? I tried using their website but have gotten no response.

thanks

Paul Ehlers
09-14-2011, 12:06 PM
Kyle,

I have no idea of what or who's web site you have been trying to use to find a replacement stock for your Trojan. If your trying to find a web site for Parker Bros. they have been out of business since the beginning of world war II. Therefore to have the stock replaced on your gun it will need to be a custom job by one of the aftermarket stock makers such as Wenig, Show-me gunstocks,or a slue of other gunsmiths offering this service.

You might want to post in the general form and ask questions about either repairing your current stock or recommendations for finding a replacement for it. Pictures of your stock would help everyone for determining recommendations for repair.

What you'll probably find is it will be less expensive to repair yours than to replace it. Replacing wood is a very expensive undertaking and being as your gun is a Trojan grade the costs of replacement could exceed the value of the gun.

Linn Matthews
09-15-2011, 04:43 PM
You might check in our "For Sale" section and on "Gunbroker". Both have had 20 ga wood for sale just recently

Dave Suponski
09-15-2011, 07:00 PM
You might want to look at Puglsi's Gun Emporium website. He has Parker wood for sale from time to time.

Stephen Hastie
09-26-2011, 04:48 AM
Or you could try Making one. Macon gunstocks will provide you with a stock about 70% complete all you have to do is fitt it?

I have a parker 10 and the stock on it was to small and the drop on the comb was far to much for me. the only way I was going to shoot with this gun was to replace the stock. I STILL HAVE THE ORIGANAL STOCK. It took me about 6 weeks to fit and I even put a cast in it. Here is a link to Macon gunstocks http://macongunstocks.net/index.html All the best from across the pond.

kyle goetz
09-30-2011, 09:21 PM
thanks steve. i e-mailed Macon today

Linn Matthews
10-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Might be a good idea to do a search here on "Macon Stocks"

edgarspencer
10-02-2011, 09:25 PM
Look on ebay RIGHT NOW!

edgarspencer
10-03-2011, 07:39 AM
Here's a link to the one on ebay. Says it's for a #1 frame.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Parker-Hammerless-Shotgun-Buttstock-restock-/300605606230?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45fd7d8956