PDA

View Full Version : SCC

Tony Guccioni
09-10-2011, 08:16 PM
I've just done the deal on my first Repro. ( 12 Ga. 2 barrel set, Pg, St, BTFE )
and am already looking for another !!!
My next Repro. needs to be a 12 Ga. that I would use for 5 Stand and Sporting.
Currently, I like the sound of the SCC variation but am struggling to find much information about them. The sole specimen I've encounted for sale on the net has 28" barrels with DTs and a rubber recoil pad. I understand the pad is an aftermarket addition.
My question to the generous folk here at PGCA is - of the 125 SCC guns 'out there' what grip/forend/trigger/barrel configurations am I likely to stumble across during my search?

Greg Baehman
09-11-2011, 08:54 AM
In my observations Tony, you will find a Sporting Clays Classic in the same various configurations as the rest of the Repros, no one configuration is more likely than another, although it will seem like a whole lot more single trigger guns will become available.

You mentioned the current SCC offering has an aftermarket recoil pad installed, I believe the double triggers, are too; an aftermarket item on this particular gun.

Be careful . . . buy a SCC and it will make your 12-ga. 2-bbl. set redundant. :nono:

Here's another SCC:

Tony Guccioni
09-11-2011, 10:40 AM
Thanks Greg, I have aleady admired your gun when trawling through previous threads.
It would seem you have knowledge of the provenance of the SCC currently on offer. As I was considering making an enquiry of this gun, perhaps you could shoot me a PM to advise if this is a good move.