PDA

View Full Version : We all need help sometime 11

william faulk
09-08-2011, 04:12 PM
We all need a helping hand to pull us out of a jam we got into !!

Fred Preston
09-08-2011, 05:04 PM
Looks like Archie got his ass in a jam again; not the first, nor will it be the last, time.

Francis Morin
09-13-2011, 03:47 PM
Looks like Archie got his ass in a jam again; not the first, nor will it be the last, time. Confucious has a good parable about the olde "ass in jam' scenario-- on another spin, if the late fat boy SNL comedian Chris Farley had been a carpenter hanging a door, would that be a "ass in jamb" scenario. One of our favorite catch-phrases in HS was "right between the two big trees" but I never expected to see Man's best friend so depicted--c'est la vie!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rol leyes::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::whistle:

Fred Preston
09-14-2011, 08:50 PM
No Francis, it's Archie as in Archie Moore; the little booger put me in mind of the old fighter when I first saw him. A real toefl hund, but he has to earn his pogie rope.

Francis Morin
09-15-2011, 07:15 AM
No Francis, it's Archie as in Archie Moore; the little booger put me in mind of the old fighter when I first saw him. A real toefl hund, but he has to earn his pogie rope.== The USMC got that "Devil Dog" moniker from the Germans in WW! Maybe Archie needs a "Smokey Bear" hat to complete the picture. Not sure about the pogie rope- decorative dress cord perhaps? But we called candy bars "pogey bait"== a pogey is like a "Snuffie" or a "REMF"- an office clerk- and if you wanted orders cut or re-cut, you "baited the pogey" with a candy bar to get that mission accomplished- at least that was the story I heard- I'm not a Jarhead with a sweet tooth however--until Guinness and Killians start making that product at least!!:bigbye::bigbye:

Fred Preston
09-15-2011, 12:16 PM
The French awarded the "forege(sp?)" to the 5th and 6th regiments (1st and 2d divisions) for their service at Belleau Wood. Members of the units were still wearing them while I was in. I was with the 6th briefly after AIT at Geiger before being assigned to the AFSWP security unit at Clarksville Base.