PDA

View Full Version : Parker Reproduction A1 - 3 barrels

Rex Northen
09-02-2011, 09:34 AM
Interesting gun at Crosnoe's - I've had a couple of conversations and it seems like a very good price, particularly compared to other A1's.

http://www.gunsinternational.com/PARKER-A1-SPECIAL-3-BBL-SET.cfm?gun_id=100168488

I'm new to Parker Reproductions - so can't help but wonder if I'm missing something on this gun? Check has been sent and I should have it in my hands for an inspection period shortly.

Bob Jurewicz
09-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Just that it is apparently upgraded from a DHE Repro or maybe just a finished A1 that originated from Galazan. Still a good price and the upgrade was done by a very respected craftsman. #s Matching??
Bob Jurewicz

Greg Baehman
09-02-2011, 04:32 PM
IMHO, I'd say there's a slim to none chance that gun was upgraded from a DHE Repro, undoubtedly--at least in my mind, it is one of the "in the white" A1 Special Repros that Galazan closed out, Ken Hurst engraved and case-colored by John Gillette...a nice gun.

Dean Romig
09-02-2011, 04:36 PM
We've seen that gun before and it is to the best of my knowledge, one of the unfinished "in the white" A1S guns the Galazan had.
Ken Hurst does wonderful work. I just wish we could see that gun's engraving better.

Russ Jackson
09-03-2011, 09:19 AM
We've seen that gun before and it is to the best of my knowledge, one of the unfinished "in the white" A1S guns the Galazan had.
Ken Hurst does wonderful work. I just wish we could see that gun's engraving better.

Dean ,I have often thought the same way ,I wished the pictures would have been close ups everyone likes to look at the engraving ! Maybe Rex will post some here so we can get a good look at her :corn: , Congratulations on your new gun Rex , She looks like a beauty ! Russ

Kenny Graft
09-03-2011, 07:56 PM
The only thing it needs is a original maker case/cover.....The guns were custom engraved and could be many variations and personal tast....very nice price with 16ga. barrels...sweet bird gun...

Paul Ehlers
09-03-2011, 08:22 PM
Very nice gun & I'm with Dean, I'd sure like to be able to see the engraving better.

My bet is the 16ga barrels are Galazan ones rather than Krieghoff's. I don't remember any of the A-1 specials in the white that Galazan's closed out being a 16/20/20 combo set.

I believe the case is the Oak & Leather Repro A-1 case and they may not have had the canvas travel covers with them.

Rex Northen
09-03-2011, 08:51 PM
Thanks all for the comments, thoughts and suggestions. I'll have more info and probably questions on Thursday when it arrives. I will certainly post pictures of the engraving.

Rex Northen
09-16-2011, 10:20 PM
Here are a few shots of the A1 with the 16 gauge Krieghoff barrels. The engraving is by Ken Hurst and according to him was completed sometime around 20 years ago.

Russ Jackson
09-16-2011, 10:36 PM
Beautiful ,Rex ,Congratulations on a Fine Gun ! Russ